Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Recently purchased an SLK55 for my "other" home in Scottsdale, AZ. My main residence is in Minneapolis where I enjoy our great summers in my CLK63 but was feeling an itch to have a similar experience when in AZ so on the search for a performance roadster I went.

I had looked at an BMW M, Porsche Boxster and a SLK55. All are fine cars with many similar attributes but ultimately that V8 in the AMG called to me. Both the BMW and Porsche are fabulous handling machines but nothing put a smile on my face more than the feeling from the torque the 5.5L makes right from the get go.

Hopefully I can add some interesting posts along the way here and make some Internet friends in the process so I look forward to chatting together in the future.

David

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,305 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate now’. Thanks!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome and congratulations from southern California.

SmartTop module (available from SLKStore) will make the smile a tad wider even.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Welcome from Canada! :)

David reading your post mirrors my own thoughts and after driving allot of different cars well I ended up buying a brand new 2010 SLK55 AMG. It actually just came in and I receive it Monday morning so I have taken the next few days off to enjoy as it is suppose to be nice and sunny.

Enjoy your new toy! :tu:

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome from Tucson !

Hi and Welcome!
I used to live in Scottsdale and now live in Tucson with my wife. We frequently visit Scottsdale to see my mom and friends. If you ever need me to go check out a car and give you any feedback, just let me know! :)
I have a 2011 BMW 135i 6MT (white) and we just bought a 2007 SLK 350 white as well. Would love to see and feel the power of a 5.5 !! Anyway, welcome and good luck!

-Brett

:Beer:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Welcome from Arizona!:) You have another AMG friend in Scottsdale, "Cold Shot" Check out our Arizona Club section. We're gaining momentum folks!

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Welcome David! Great car choice for our climate. I'm in the North Phoenix\Scottsdale area. See you on the 101!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts