Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day Everyone. This is a great web site and I am very glad to have found it. It is kind of nice to know there are others in this world who love the best little car there is.
Question? I have read about the problem with the mat finish wearing on the interior council and ect. It sounds like all have had to deal with this little hick-up. Is there a fix or some way of preventing this from getting worse or is this just something we all just live with? In looking through ebay at other SLK's, many have the same problem even the low mileage garage queens. Anyone out there beat this problem? Thank you for listening.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,453 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Greetings from Tenneessee ! Welcome aboard - Great Site and a really fun car to drive !

Enjoy both !

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,527 Posts

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Stripping the console sounds like a ton of work and if I messed it up that would also not be good.
My SLK is in very good condition an has only a few interior blemishes so I think I will just stick with the armor-all treatment and just threaten bodily injury to anyone if my rider picks at it..haha. Again thanks for the warm welcome!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hello from South Carolina. We had the same problem but it was very small, less then 1/2 inch, so we just lived with it. Good luck!

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,527 Posts
Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Stripping the console sounds like a ton of work and if I messed it up that would also not be good.
My SLK is in very good condition an has only a few interior blemishes so I think I will just stick with the armor-all treatment and just threaten bodily injury to anyone if my rider picks at it..haha. Again thanks for the warm welcome!
Ive had a bad experience with armor-all on plastic/vinyl
I'd recommend something from Meguiars or Adams for your interior.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you for that tip, I will head your advice.

I am located on the East Side of Michigan, a small place named Harbor Beach.
For those of you who are not familiar with Michigan..hold your right hand up, palm up..I am in the tip of the thumb right on Lake Huron. Best map around.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thank you for that tip, I will head your advice.

I am located on the East Side of Michigan, a small place named Harbor Beach.
For those of you who are not familiar with Michigan..hold your right hand up, palm up..I am in the tip of the thumb right on Lake Huron. Best map around.
Haha. Good map. I caught myself doing it. The guy beside me just looked at me like I was nuts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts