Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just joined the ranks of enthusiastic SLK owners. I bought a 2005 slk350, silver with light gray leather interior with wood trim (54k miles). Love it!! The only addition I have made is to add a kind of tonneau cover to protect the interior from the sun and bird bombs and keep the seats cool when the car is parked with the top down for extended times. This site has really been a great help in researching questions about the car. Thanks to all that have taken the time to post info and answer questions.

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,898 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome and congratulations from the south county next to you. You can ditch the cloth cover when you have the SmartTop installed. Better to have a hardtop to protect the interior from harmful UV rays (direct sunlight) during mid-day especially.

Light-coloured leather seats could use the following two DIY's:

1. Belt-loop guide protector:

2. Sock-over-seat-belt buckle:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Out with the old and in with the new! A welcome from a former fellow Socal SLK owner. Hopefully the very active SoCal group will see you on a run or two!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan....

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from another LA/OC area SLK owner.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Welcome from Irvine/OC area. Hope to see you on some SoCal runs.

I second Eddys post about using the Smart Top to quickly put up or down your top. You can park the car, walk away with the top still down, and with 2 simple clicks of your key have the top go up on its own. Returning to your car a couple hours later knowing its going to be hot inside? Click your key 3 times from a distance while walking towards the car, by the time you approach the car the top is already down, the heat is dissipating, and you're good to go!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts