Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all:
I'm very happy with my 1999 slk had it for several months now and was fixing the salsa paint scratches inside which came ok.
Now I really messed up! I was trying to replace the headliner and instead of leaving the switch on as the manual states, I took the key off and my top went down. I tried to close it but it did not go up, I moved the top switch up and down and finally I forced the top out with some help and put it up (not locked). Hydraulic fluid leaked from the top by the front right and the right rear side.
The top is up, little windows down and the warning sound comes up while driving. Hydraulic reserve looks empty and my attempts to make it work have been negative.
Any ideas and help will be very appreciated from this retired U.S.Army soldier.:usa:
Thanks in advance,
Jose

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
Jose, I'd like to welcome you, but can't help with the top. There are several smart r170 owners here who can help.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,456 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location and vehicle info in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you have not, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you have not, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome from London, and as others have said, Gabus is the R170 man, so hopefully he'll be able to give you some pointers!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome Airjose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.