Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK 350
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang-

New to Mercedes and these forums- so hello and Merry Christmas!

Our "new" Mercedes is a 2005 SLK 350 that we bought last month. When I'm lucky, my wife lets me drive it! We feel lucky to have found such a beauty with just around 23,000 miles, well equipped, and at a good price.

I feel like I'm playing catchup by learning about the world of SLKs after buying the car, but it's fun and I'm awed by all the knowledge here!

Okay- here's our first question for the experts. I've studied all the options lists that I could find for 2005 SLKs, and there is one feature on our car that I am stumped on. It's the chrome roadster-style vents on the front panels. Can anyone tell me what option package they were part of? Hopefully my attached picture came through.

Cheers!

Kupe

Attachments

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
Welcome to this great forum! I believe that you will find that what you have was NEVER and option by Mercedes Benz, but rather a modification that the previous owner put on. I have seen vents advertised on ebay and the like.

If you like them, keep them on. Otherwise, it would likely be a very easy thing to remove.

Have fun with you new car, and tell the wife to let you drive it more!

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
Welcome to this great forum! I believe that you will find that what you have was NEVER and option by Mercedes Benz, but rather a modification that the previous owner put on. I have seen vents advertised on ebay and the like.

If you like them, keep them on. Otherwise, it would likely be a very easy thing to remove.

:)Another welcome from Virginia. You won't find many SLKs here with that style add on (vent) modification. Appears to be placed much lower than it should be. The bests modifications are adopted by members here. Can't say the same for this one. If you like the look, keep it.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,361 Posts
Kupe,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

·
Registered 2005 SLK 350
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thank you Stinger! Great to be here!

Well, my wife loves the vents, and while far be it from me to mess with Mercedes design sensibilities, ever farther be it from me to mess with hers! :biglaugh:

Our driveway is a sheet of ice...alas will be driving my 94 Jeep beater today. :(

Cheers!

Kupe

·
97,361 Posts
There are many members in Atlanta!

·
Registered 2005 SLK 350
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
:)Another welcome from Virginia. You won't find many SLKs here with that style add on (vent) modification. Appears to be placed much lower than it should be. The bests modifications are adopted by members here. Can't say the same for this one. If you like the look, keep it.
Thank you Don!

I think the cropped picture made the vents look lower than they really are. I'll attach a fuller view. In truth they are about center of that lower portion of the panel. I apologize for these photos- they are the low rez dealer photos, but it's been too cold and snowy to get her out for good pictures! Brrrrrrr.

The vents appear to be part of a set that coordinates with chrome intake louvers just below the windshield. Most important- the boss lady likes them! :tu:

Kupe

Attachments

·
Registered 2005 SLK 350
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kupe,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.
Thanks Sergeant! Consider it done!

Kupe

·
Registered 2005 SLK 350
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome from Portland, Oregon.
Thanks Dave! Great picture! We haven't yet let our dog in the SLK, but I just bought one of those matching Mercedes fitted seat-towels so he'll get to ride soon!

Kupe

·
97,361 Posts
FYI, there is a 'Thanks' button bottom right. But personalized thanks is always nice!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts