Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Have been looking at site for a couple of weeks and found it to be really interesting and enjoy looking at how all the members help each other out,its a great idea,and helps keeping the merc bills down. Pleased with my slk280, sounds great with the roof down, could not believe the roar of the engine the first time roof was down.
I have recently purchased a 2005 slk280 r171 auto, 22k miles and have noticed when i push hard on the accelerator in sports mode, at about 3000revs , i am getting a slight pinking noise and just as rev goes past 3000 the noise goes, if i accelerate slower the noise is not there. I have been using v-power petrol and thought this would have cured it. Can any body give me an idea what might be wrong,because i thought the v-power feul would have sorted it.

Many thanks
Anthony

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,361 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate’ or Help Donate’. Thanks!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,361 Posts

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
You shouldn't need to use additives for normal EU petrol, our standard 95 RON is similar to premium in the states. The Shell 99RON V Power is said to be stuffed to the brim with additives already, no need to add more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts