Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I am so happy to see a forum for the SLKs I wish I would have known about it sooner...I have a 2001 SLK 230 blue two-tone which I totally love...got it in 2002...I love my baby...and at times it can really push my buttons with the costly repairs. Its a love hate relationship at times. Right now I'm dealing with the need to get new rear brake pads, front lower control arm bushing and front ball joints. It's funny how much the Benz dealerships really want to rip you off :soap:. Below is the quote from pleasanton benz and Auto Risen. The only reason why I take the car to the dealership is when I have to get the regualr schedule maintenance. Auto Risen is great at repairs etc all OEM products but there not much of a service center.

Pleasanton BENZ
rear brake pads $325
front lower control arm bushings $1100
front ball joints $558
total $1983 plus tax

Auto Risen in Concord
rear brake pads $55 labor $80
front lower control arm bushing $100 plus tax $400 labor
front ball joints $70 plus tax
total $705 plus tax

Let me know if anybody has any suggestions about where to take my car for service...I am planning on getting all this work done next week but haven't schedule an appointment.

I love the looks I get from my car..mainly cuz of the beautiful blue exterior and two-tone interior. And did I mention I LOVE THE KOMPRESSOR!!! I love cars and love to test drive cars and see the new things coming up on cars..but its funny when I try and floor it on the test cars and dont get that tremendous amount of torque response as I get with the SLK :rb

Now I just need to find a way to touch up my two-tone interior trim that is chipping away to black now from that beige color. I am hoping I can just do it myself with spray paint.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
I recently bought my first MB. Thanks for the heads-up about dealership ripoff. The quotes you received are dramatically different.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from Southern California.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,394 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location and vehicle info in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you have not, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you have not, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Another welcome from Atlanta.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the welcomes...especially from the r171 folks...boy do I want that SLK 55AMG...got to wait till I start making some real money though...it will come soon

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.