Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATES:

NO RAIN BY NOON!

Weather report says it'll rain the night before, but will be sunny by noon, so keep your car covered up at night, and meet at the BBQ spot (A Street, Balboa Pier, Newport Beach, CA 92661) if it's still wet and you want to keep your car clean for the run in the afternoon. Please email me at [email protected] so i can give you my phone number just in case you have trouble finding the place, or us.

If you don't mind the morning dampness, the majority of us are meeting at the already discussed locations. BTW, it is less likely to be raining at the beach anyway, so even if it's raining in your area, give me a call and i'll let you know how it is at the beach.

If weather report is wrong and there turns out to be thunderstorms, heavy rain, etcetera, i would like to host the same event on Sunday, as i've already bought all the food!

People Showing:

cyberdrakon (SLK 55)
tslick (SLK 32)
etyu (SLK 55)
slkluv (SLK 350)
v8slk (SLK 55)
air44 (SLK 55)
tommy04 (SLK 350)
LynxFX (SLK 350)
chiefv (SLK32)
shelleca (e63)
A' La F1 (SLK 55)
Disfo0krazi3 (SLK 350)

Saturday, June 6 2009.
Leave 10:15 AM: Starbucks, 15700 Arrow Highway, Irwindale, CA 91706
Leave 11:00 AM: Parking lot at the Long Beach Marina south of Joe's Crab Shack, 6550 E Marina Dr, Long Beach, CA 90803 (the car Nav's put the address further north than the meetup location)
11:30 AM: Grass park for the BBQ at A Street, Balboa Pier, Newport Beach, CA 92661

Bring quarters to feed the meter!

Haven't hung out with you guys for awhile! Tentative plans are to have a BBQ in Newport beach area, and then a drive by the coast, and then some photos in the afternoon. Planning for maybe 10AM meetup, ending around 3PM, and then a longer run if you guys are up for it!

Any comments? Can all the regulars make it?

Tslick, Etyu, v8slk, slklove (sorry can't remember everyone's screenname)...

This'll be a warmup for the San Diego caravan i suppose! It'll be a preview of some of the things i've been fitting on my car, before everything is finalized.

Edward
:burnout:

·
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you mind posting about it over there? maybe coordinate as one?

·
Registered
940 Posts
As of late ive been working mon-sat (busy at work). Saturdays arn't set in stone so I might be able to make it but no guarantees.

If i can get Saturday off ill definitley be in, I can let you guys know the week before only :*(

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I just may have to make the drive over for this one. I will talk to the better half this week.

I love BBQ.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts

·
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Tom, i didn't realize their event was set on the same date...my plans are flexible, i guess it depends on people's interest, if there isn't much, i might look into joining shelle, but then we would have to leave out the regular SLKs?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts

·
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also, just reading up on it, how about early BBQ in OC area, then do the drive, and end up in stonewater for early dinner? That way we could get MBs overall, and satisfy both North and South (SoCal). I didn't intend to nor do i want to compete with Shelle's event, i just didn't know there were any meets coming up and i'm excited about getting my car back!

·
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's no reason to leave out non AMG's. The more the better.
Ok, that's good. I just figured an AMG Private Lounge event might be looking for AMGs only.

·
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Newport, i'd suggested some of the paid parking, about $12 bucks, and it's usually pretty empty. If we are doing both events, i'd suggest we do the BBQ first, so i can get the BBQ sent home first. It'll be tough for me to have all the food stored that long, even in a separate car.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
How did I miss this thread? Thank you Edward for bringing this up. Would be cool to meet Dave and Connie again (Cold Shot) if they can make it.

June 6 is fine with me. What time do we meet and where?

Hopefully, LynxFX, tommy04, bruzee, Air44, Sid, Mazeka, Tpman, Zcloud, amgc55slk5, catchmefucan, and others from SoCal will chime in.

Thought: Should we try and coordinate w the others at AMG PL? I'm thinking out loud here: SLKers meet at 9am for coffee/light breakfast, caravan to San Juan Capistrano and meet AMG PL at 10-10:30am, take the drive to Stone Brewery for lunch, short drive after lunch, everyone heads home at around 3-3:30pm. Disadvantage:no BBQ as hosted by Edward:( What do you think Edward, Tslick?

Edward, I'm not trying to change your initial plans at all, just a thought. Whatever you guys come up with, I'll join.

Or we could meet, have the BBQ w Edward and meet with AMG PL on another occasion. I'm flexible.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
As long as we get the group together for a little while im happy. BBQ is a huge plus and a location in Newport should be fun.

Im flexible though - pick the time and place to meet, and maybe a time and place to caravan to the meet and lets start taking a head count. Were not going to beat the SLK NW groups 19 SLK count but we can try to get 8 or 10 if some of the other SoCal members chime in.

·
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The only place I can think of is Balboa pier parking for the BBQ.

Afterwords, head off across the bay on the Balboa ferry (photo opp) and down to Laguna, then up the canyon to El Toro, continue up Santiago to a little 5 minute road {Modjeska Grade} like Glendora Ridge, and dump into the city of Orange [what a description, made it up].

Tom that is a great plan, let's stick with that for now.

Eddy, i'm open to changing the plan, but let's see how it goes right now. I'd love to have some of the AMG PL people over too, please invite them!

I'll need a count of how many people MIGHT make it, i'll provide all the food, you guys BYOB (bring your own beer) and snacks.

Scott, how late can you stay?

did you guys want to do a mini-run in the morning first?

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
.....let's see how it goes right now. I'd love to have some of the AMG PL people over too, please invite them!

did you guys want to do a mini-run in the morning first?
I'll leave it to Tom on inviting the AMG PL as I'm rarely at that site.

How about setting up a time and place to meet and we can start a tentative list here?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts