Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys how's it goin?

I'm new here, but when I tried to sign up today, I discovered that I actually signed up in August of 06. So I guess apparently I'm not new?

Either way I thought it'd be safer to just say "Hi!" since I don't think I've ever posted here at all!! I recognize some members here who are on other forums (I dunno if I'm allowed to mention the forums in case it seems I am tryin' to promote those) but it's nice to have a forum JUST for SLKs!!

I'm from Toronto, are there any others nearby? I know most of these forums people are predominantly from the US of A.

Anyways that's kinda a long "Hello" so thanks!

-Kelvin

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
Hi! Welcome to the club! I love your plate!

how's the performance between the 280 and 230sc?

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
U.S.A.? Never heard ;o) Welcome from Germany

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!! The 280 is significantly faster! I LOVE it!! I mean there are noticable differences other than power. The suspension is stiffer and you feel much more as if you're sitting on the ground than in the 230 Coupe. The 230 Coupe has surprisingly comfortable suspension for a sportier car though. Also, since it's higher center of gravity, the tail is more loose and it drifts much easier than the SLK. The SLK however will grip turns soo much nicer! Also, I've driven an AT 350 and that felt pretty damn fast, but I'd really like to try one in MT one day!!

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Hey guys how's it goin?

I'm new here, but when I tried to sign up today, I discovered that I actually signed up in August of 06. So I guess apparently I'm not new?

Either way I thought it'd be safer to just say "Hi!" since I don't think I've ever posted here at all!! I recognize some members here who are on other forums (I dunno if I'm allowed to mention the forums in case it seems I am tryin' to promote those) but it's nice to have a forum JUST for SLKs!!

I'm from Toronto, are there any others nearby? I know most of these forums people are predominantly from the US of A.

-Kelvin
It's okay to mention other websites, most of us are part of three or more. I know I am anways. Check out the member's world map for slkworlder's around your area, I know there's a few canadian that post on here often. And welcome back to slkworld, I didn't have anything to do with it, did I? :biglaugh:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello Kelvin and welcome to SLKWorld!
We have a very multi-national group of members here, with several from Canada, so you'll feel right at home :)

What color is your SLK? Is that Caspian/Benitoite blue or Orion blue? Either way, it looks great..

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Kevin, a Warm Welcome from Kuwait!

Congradulations on your SLK and I hope you enjoy it in good health, feel free to post and browse throught the forums,

Mohammed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi Kevin and welcome from one of the US members. There are lots of worldwide members here so it really isn't US centric like other forums I've seen. Good info and good people are here.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Welcome aboard. Canada? Ain't that Northern Virginia? I don't get out much as you can tell. This forum has folks from all over, bout anyplace you want to go there is a member close. Corkscrew don't know yet but Im plannin a visit to Bankok for food cause of all the piturs he has posted. Enjoy the fun and info here. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu: Hi and WELCOME. I really like your personalized plates. That's creativity. Two post in eight months? Tons of information and wonderful people here. Come often .

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hey!!!! ;-) some of us are from the Republic of Texas.......
Welcome to the forum and enjoy, mi norte amigo....

I really enjoy visiting Canada (great people, cool weather!), especially in the summer.

·
Banned
696 Posts
This guy would like your plate.:biglaugh:

Hey guys how's it goin?

-Kelvin

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HAhah thanks guys!!! Yeah actually Ynot when you mentioned it on MBFanatics.org it reminded me of this place. Well, sorta...actually I thought it was a forum that I had not joined yet...when I tried to register my username, it said it was taken. I almost made a new one, but then I decided to request password first. Then I realized, holy crap I've been here before, but it somehow felt different!! If any of you guys ever come up to Canada (ie. Toronto, ON) say hello to us who are mostly on MBF!

Oh and Zinga it's Orion Blue ;) It musta been the shade from the Pafica to my left that made it look slightly darker!

I recognize some of you from Benzworld or MBworld or maybe even MBCanada (before we moved to MBFanatics). Like Ynot and -1-. I recognize you guys!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Another warm welcome for Kelvin. :tu:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
welcome Batman. I recognize you from other forums. yuo can reference them as nobody here is that snobby to slate other sites. slkworld is very easy going, which makes it superior in my eyes.
enjoy your stay!!

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
HAhah thanks guys!!! Yeah actually Ynot when you mentioned it on MBFanatics.org it reminded me of this place. Well, sorta...actually I thought it was a forum that I had not joined yet...when I tried to register my username, it said it was taken. I almost made a new one, but then I decided to request password first. Then I realized, holy crap I've been here before, but it somehow felt different!! If any of you guys ever come up to Canada (ie. Toronto, ON) say hello to us who are mostly on MBF!

That's b/c it is, it's been upgraded many times, thanks to Bill, Dan, Easty, and other mods on this site. It also has about 400 plus more members than when you last visited. It's the mods and members that makes this forum, many familiar faces, it'll feel just like home. Try clicking on the new post on the top page, it'll make your surfing much more enjoyable. I love Canada, but only on the west side, never been to Toronto.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.