Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a big hello to everyone who remembers me.

It's been a while since I've been on this board. My baby has been sitting in my garage for the past two years kinda broken down.

IT started a couple years ago when I was backing into my garage and all the lights on my dash lit up and then went dead. The car ran fine but the whole dash was out. Took it to the MB Kleeman dealer here in Dallas (Park Place Motorcars) and they had it for a month following each wire through the car trying to find out what happened. They found that a wire that went to the main brains had had the insulation rub off and was touching the metal frame and shorted out the main computer. 5k later (At that time that 5k hurt pretty badly)......I get the car back and the check engine light won't go off and reading something like "O2 inefficient"......Now I did gut the primary cats and so I figured it was due to needing to be re-programmed by Kleeman, money was tight and there was this knocking sound on the outside of the motor which I had no idea what it was and was afraid to drive it at all so it sat for another year until this past July. I wasn't about to take it back to the dealer and I found a very good shop which was recommended to me so when I had some cash built up I finally took it in again. The knocking was a bearing on the Kleeman pulley that was easily replaced. I called my shop in Florida that did all the work and they had me contact Cory at Kleeman and he had the shop resend in my chip to be reprogrammed which wasn't cheap but it's not common for the main computer to die like that and usually that type of custom performance programming only needs to be done once.

So in a nutshell we had it reprogrammed and bearing replaced and the check engine light is now off and staying off and I swear it's running better now than before. I also forgot how damn fast that thing is.

To give you an idea.......It's a 2002 with 71k miles on it and all garage kept. It still looks new and I still get that same smile on my face when I sit in it just like I did the day I bought it.

So hello to everyone who remembers me.

P.S. I couldn't believe that my same log in to this site still works...haha...Nice!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,268 Posts
Well hello stranger!!!!!

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
Welcome back. You have a beautiful beast. I'm glad that you got everything sorted out.

Reactions: tungster

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome back. Everyone still points to your car whenever the topic of Lambo doors comes up! :tu:
After all this time I do have to say that the Lambo Door alignment is just as good as when we installed them. Although the damn ashtray doesn't want to stay in anymore....grr...so annoying.

It's also getting close to the temps going down and we all know how much our super chargers love cold air!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.