Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 15 of the threads on the performance forum, what's up with that? I have to go to the Crossfire forum to find the hardcore guys, must be the difference between a Mercedes and a Chrysler. Mercedes can be performance oriented too!

Don't some of you had any experience with performance mods to your 32's, good or bad, how about sharing some as it is all valuable. I have x amount of cash to work with and to win this contest I may need x+y so any tips, either positive or negative are welcome. From what I gather exhaust mods for the SLK32's are a waste of cash and could hurt bottom end torque.
Even tune up results, anybody feel additional power with a good tune including wires? What do you gap your plugs at, anyone go a range colder? Mark

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
94,996 Posts
Enjoy your time over there Mark and give em my love :D :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Enjoy your time over there Mark and give em my love :D :D
Since my original tread was 6 months old with no response what would I do Jeff? I like the crossfire but don't want to give up the drop top feature we have. I need a few more mods and call t quits. See you soon, keep you in my prayers. I do hope the word "prayers" is allowed. Your friend in the SLK world, mark

Oh, It's not about enjoyment, it's about getting information but I have met some cool guys and have spoken to the guy with the quickest Crossfire in the world, 10.65 in the 1/4 and he's not done nor will he ever be, he's 72 and going strong with something he likes.

I enjoyed bantering with you but it seems to have gotten a bit sad.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
94,996 Posts
Yeah, it's the Crossfire site that has the performance answers and experience.
well you could have left off the part that says experience part.
that sounds like a 'dig' at our members that have the experience with the R170 and just because they choose not to respond is their prerogative.

Enjoy the ride and good health!! :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well you could have left off the part that says experience part.
that sounds like a 'dig' at our members that have the experience with the R170 and just because they choose not to respond is their prerogative.

Enjoy the ride and good health!! :D
How would the Crossfire guys have the performance answers if NOT from experience?
I take no digs at any of the forum members. I'll be making a new set of mods soon and will post the results here. I do enjoy the ride and am working on the health issues, still awaiting another major back surgery.

·
Banned
433 Posts
How would the Crossfire guys have the performance answers if NOT from experience?
I take no digs at any of the forum members. I'll be making a new set of mods soon and will post the results here. I do enjoy the ride and am working on the health issues, still awaiting another major back surgery.
As I've stated before, it was the same way 4 years ago when I had my SRT6 - I'm not sure why SRT6 owners were much more likely to mod their cars than were SLK32 owners. The SRT6 was a little less expensive, but not enough to make much of a difference. The few SLK32 owners that were interested had to come over to find someone willing to discuss performance improvements.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As I've stated before, it was the same way 4 years ago when I had my SRT6 - I'm not sure why SRT6 owners were much more likely to mod their cars than were SLK32 owners. The SRT6 was a little less expensive, but not enough to make much of a difference. The few SLK32 owners that were interested had to come over to find someone willing to discuss performance improvements.
Yeah, same platform but apparently Mercedes owners are much LESS likely to mod their cars for performance, probably take their cars to the dealer much more also. SRT's are OK, even nice in a different way with the look but the top into the trunk is the kicker for me. There is a guy on the Crossfire forum who just got dual throttle bodies to work! they see their cars as MOPARS!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts