Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered 2012 SLK350
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find it heretical that MB will change the SLK nomenclature from K to C! The SLK is no less iconic--or on the way to iconicism (?)--than the SL. The "K" is unique to the SLK--there is no S550K; no AMG S65K; no b250eK; no C63K; no C63K, etc. There will always be an SL--MB knows better than to change that name. Similarly, there will always be a Boxster and a 911--Porsche knows better than to change those names. MB should know better than to change the name of the SLK. SLC? UGH! And why do it? Yes, I know--to designate the platform. Unnecessary and meaningless. Well there, I have vented and feel better for it. But not much better!:frown:

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
I agree with you. But in the end, it makes our SLKs more valuable to us!

·
*Premium Member
2019 SLC300
2,858 Posts
The name SLK was chosen to reflect the company's intentions for the car - that it be Sportlich (sporty), Leicht (light), and Kurz (short). I guess short has now changed to Kompakt (compact) which would now make it SLC.

The G class was G, GL,M, GLK. It is now G, GL, GLE, GLC, and GLA With that there was SL, SLK which is now SL, SLC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.