Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered 2002 SLK32 AMG
40 Posts
The car - bought sight unseen - arrived yesterday so got the rags out today to make sure I knew what I have - on the outside at least

Wheel arches, boot lid opening and front lip of bonnet all have some rust bubbles but nothing major (well, not been underneath yet!)

However, from a few paces, it's cleaned up beautifully and looks alright, I think.

Certainly a lot of car for £6,500

Shiny...

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
It looks very good. The rust bubbles probably mean someone punished the car with winter driving, or it has a seaside past. I hope it doesn't turn into anything troublesome. I think it would be 3 to 5 years before anything would erupt. I'm looking forward to reading about how you get along with it the next few months.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Nice car in the best colour! :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi Dull Witch and welcome.

Love it, looks fab.

Where has your bonnet emblem gone????

Translation for our American cousins: bonnet = hood ????

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Dull Witch and welcome.

Love it, looks fab.

Where has your bonnet emblem gone????

Translation for our American cousins: bonnet = hood ????
Not clue - it was like that when I got it. Honest guv>:D

(actually, you can just make out the mark it left and slight indentations in the paintwork for the pins so it clearly WAS there but has been "deleted" at some point)

Oh, and I just found out that my windstopper is being shipped today. The OEM net is missing

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,480 Posts
Congrats! I will be rotating one of your pics so stay out of that post :D

done! pic was of front hood

·
Registered
267 Posts
It looks very good. The rust bubbles probably mean someone punished the car with winter driving, or it has a seaside past. I hope it doesn't turn into anything troublesome. I think it would be 3 to 5 years before anything would erupt. I'm looking forward to reading about how you get along with it the next few months.

I read somewhere that Chrysler had the contract to do the galvanising on the R170 models before paint, & did such a piss poor job that all of em rust as a consequence.
MB were not suitably impressed!

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks all
It's clean but it'll take a while to get rid of the stink of the ciggies that the PO clearly used to smoke:frown::mad:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.