Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I'm in the market for a used R172, or possibly even an R171 and I'm interested in whatever advice people here want to give me.

A few years ago I bought an E36 BMW without doing enough research, and got one with a few problems that I could have avoided if I'd talked to owners first. So, I'm glad this place exists and I found it.

I'm going to spend some time looking through the board, and then maybe post info on a specific car I have my eye on.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,111 Posts
Welcome from Wirral, England.

Search is a good starting place. Then questions.

Your looking a two models and many options on engine and extras.

That's the hardest part.

Don't assume that you need a particular engine/model. Get test drives and see how you feel.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,405 Posts
Hi Chris, and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us! :)

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
  • Post your VIN (or VIN of a car you're looking at) in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on the car).
    FREE!! How to get a free data card!
  • If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
  • If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
  • Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If iPhone/iPad pics, you can only attach 1 pic per post this way as iOS names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
  • Want to 'like' or 'thank' someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any individual’s post that you like. This saves you having to comment.
  • New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link in the info bar towards the top of the screen is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
  • Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum
Thank you
Dave

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,748 Posts
Hi and welcome from Lakeland, FL!

Living in Florida and joining the forum has special perks! We have a very active and fun Mercedes Benz SLK Forum - FLORIDA SLK and you’ll definitely want to join us.

Our last meet http://www.slkworld.com/u-s-florida/339161-florida-spring-meet-lakeridge-winery-picture-thread-april-9th.html

You can view all our meets at U.S. Florida - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

We are planning the Third Annual Florida SLK Group October 29, 2016 in Lakeland, and we’d like you to join us!

You can follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SlkWorld?re...homepage_panel

Thanks for joining the forum and we look forward to meeting you!

Don't forget, if you would like a data card to compare cars please post the VIN in the Data Card section of the forum and someone will pull it for you:

Vehicle Data Card - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Marykay
Florida Event Coordinator

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
12,037 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"You don't need a penny, just to hang around. But if you've got a nickel, won't you lay your money down? Over on the corner there's a happy noise. People come from all around to watch the magic boy"-CCR

WELCOME to our farm.....I mean forum. It's a great habit....I mean hobby, it's a great hobby......

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
My dear MX5 was declared a total loss. I found myself topless-less and had to get that monkey off my back quick. I had enough dead presidents to play with but too little patience. I had never payed much attention to MB, but a few years back got involved with an e320 and slipping into her became something I looked forward to with great pleasure. With summer sneaking up behind me, and my natural aversion to AC, I started looking for a vert. Enter the SLK. I had noticed the 170s but they never really turned my head until one day I spotted a 171. I started stalking her, and driving her when I could and decided that I must have her. My mistake was listening to one biased moron who told me they didn't put V8s in those cars. I didn't buy his, but about three stops later I met Christine. I'm a sucker for a pretty face and curves and I don't regret for one second the decision to buy her. I would never tell her, but I realize now I should have perhaps taken more time. I drive her daily and relish in her charm and beauty. I would never abuse her but occasionally she begs for it. So when I punch her she responds very well, but I'm silently whispering to myself "I could've had a V8!".

Take your time...buy the car you want so you can be sure to want the car you buy. My father used to tell me "Do as I say not as I do". I finally understand now Dad...rest in peace.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,340 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

1 - 16 of 16 Posts