Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking the plunge.....

Spyder headlights, Depo LED tail lights, crystal fog lights, clear side markers, new fender turn signals, aaaand LED lights for my license plate.

Problem(s)

1 I'll need the adapter kit for the headlights and can't find one (will I need one for the tail lights?)

2 I can't find any fender signals other than OEM and I don't want OEM

Any and all help is much appreciated.

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,519 Posts
I got my conversion cables for my headlights from the MB dealer. Spyder sent me a couple of cables for free, but they didn't exactly match up, so I did the $41 per from the dealer and that resolved my issue. The really remade the front of the car!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everything has been ordered, and should be at my house by the end of the week or early next week as i ordered the adapters this morning.

Went with the smoked lights as I'm curious to how they will look with the silver paint. If I don't like it they I'll just have the car painted a different color when I get to the point I'm ready to paint it.

Bad thing is I have no idea when I'll have time to get this done unless I stretch it out over a few days working on it after work because my weekends are busy busy for the month.

But I'm ready to get 'er done.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got the call, tail lights, fog lights and headlights just arrived at my house. Now I just need the dang adapter kits, fender lights, and LED license plate bulbs to hurry up. Then it will be on like Donkey Kong Jack!

·
4,519 Posts
Take this part number by a MB dealer, part number: 170 820 11 15 98, and talk to the parts guy. It should get you the cables for the headlights. They cost me $41 a piece, it should save you a lot of time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Take this part number by a MB dealer, part number: 170 820 11 15 98, and talk to the parts guy. It should get you the cables for the headlights. They cost me $41 a piece, it should save you a lot of time.
Thanks, i've already ordered some off of http://www.mbonlineparts.com/ they should arrived some time next week. Which is fine since I won't have time to put them on for a little while. With shipping I think it cost me $38 per. So i saved a few bucks.:biglaugh:

I will however get the tail lights installed this weekend I hope.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks, i've already ordered some off of http://www.mbonlineparts.com/ they should arrived some time next week. Which is fine since I won't have time to put them on for a little while. With shipping I think it cost me $38 per. So i saved a few bucks.:biglaugh:

I will however get the tail lights installed this weekend I hope.
I got mine from Importec for only $26.81 each.

·
4,519 Posts
Not all cables work correctly even though they look like they might. When I brought up the cable issue with Spyder's support, they sent me free cables, they looked right, but didn't fit, that's why just went to the dealer and got it over with.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not all cables work correctly even though they look like they might. When I brought up the cable issue with Spyder's support, they sent me free cables, they looked right, but didn't fit, that's why just went to the dealer and got it over with.
The ones I got from Importec are original BOSH OEM and work exactly as they should.

The difference is that they have 1 extra wire, which the 98/99 SLK doesn't have (at least not the US models). The wire feeds the "city light" which doesn't exist on the US models.

On the other hand, the US models use a dual-filament turn signal bulb, which uses one filament for the parking light, the other for the for the turn signal.

The Spyder lights come with a single filament turn signal bulb, but the original SLK turn signal bulb holder fits the Spyder housing perfectly, so simply remove the turn signal holder that came with your Spyder light and replace it with the original SLK one.

Another thing you can do is to tap into the 12V wire that feeds the parking filament, and tie it to the gray wire on the harness adapter. this will light up the center "city light" bulb on the Spyder Light. I also tied it to the LED wires to power up the halo rings.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.