Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day everyone

I want to buy new wheels for my slk 170 from overseas , and I dont know nothing about wheels size and offset ,bolt pattern and hub bore.I am getting a lot of work done and my fenders will be flare as well.

these are the specs for the new wheels , I thought I would ask here first as people here know a lot more than the tyre shops over here in Chiang Rai

These are the specs
Thanks for the help

• Rim Material: Alloy
  • Item Width: 55
  • Item Length: 55
  • Offset: 35
  • Item Height: 22
  • Rim Diameter: 19in.
  • Bolt Pattern: 5x112
  • Special Features: For car
  • Rim Width: 8.5
  • Item Weight: 14 KG
  • Hub Bore: 65.1
  • Number of Spokes: 5
  • Material Type: Aluminum Alloy
  • Number of Bolts: 5
  • Rim Structure: One Piece

• I appreciate any comments as I do not know if they will fit.

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,201 Posts

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK 5.4 M113
1,428 Posts
oh gosh.. where to start....

the width and offset look OK, but you may want to consider a staggered wheel setup or the rear will look like it's sitting in a little farther. or maybe try a wheel spacer.

If you are going with flares, you will want a wheel that is much wider than this, and/or has a much smaller offset. or, again, your wheels/tires will look like they are sitting far inside the wheel arch.

the big problem I see is that the center hub diameter of this wheel is LESS than the hub diameter on the SLK (65.1 VS 66.6).

hope this helps.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
976 Posts
^^^^^THIS... plus

+35 offset on a 8.5" wide rim will work fine in either front or rear, but much better fit for front. You certainly should go with a staggered setup, 8.0-8.5" front and 9.0-9.5" rear width rims are perfect. Here is mine:

Front: 19"x8.5" +35 offset (235/35 tires)
Rear: 19"x9.5" +35 offset (265/30 tires)

Hope all of these helps...

Offset_Shot.jpg

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh gosh.. where to start....

the width and offset look OK, but you may want to consider a staggered wheel setup or the rear will look like it's sitting in a little farther. or maybe try a wheel spacer.

If you are going with flares, you will want a wheel that is much wider than this, and/or has a much smaller offset. or, again, your wheels/tires will look like they are sitting far inside the wheel arch.

the big problem I see is that the center hub diameter of this wheel is LESS than the hub diameter on the SLK (65.1 VS 66.6).

hope this helps.

Thank you , everything helps me .. cheers mate

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^^^THIS... plus

+35 offset on a 8.5" wide rim will work fine in either front or rear, but much better fit for front. You certainly should go with a staggered setup, 8.0-8.5" front and 9.0-9.5" rear width rims are perfect. Here is mine:

Front: 19"x8.5" +35 offset (235/35 tires)
Rear: 19"x9.5" +35 offset (265/30 tires)

Hope all of these helps...

View attachment 536517
As meatloaf use to say ..."you took the words right out of my mouth"smaller at front bigger at back ...Thanks mate ..if you see my light on call in for a beer ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts