Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, another member painted the space between the wheel rim and the brake rotor silver. (I would insert the link but I am using my phone and can't find it.) Anyway he did a great job and I have been waiting all winter to get the SLK out of hibernation and clean up those four rusty spots.
Here is the dilema. That other member also painted his brake calipers red - they looked wonderful! I want/plan to paint my brake calipers red at the same time. Today is perfect because it is cold and wet and rainy outside so I have a project for myself.
However, my wife thinks painting it red is a mistake for many reasons. The biggest one being that she hates the thought of it. She said that if I "have " (eye roll) to paint the calipers they should be black and that if I paint them red I am nothing but a poser trying to show off.
Yeah, I am trying to show off. But honestly i just really like the way the red calipers set the other member's car off in the pictures he posted. I hope it will make mine a little bit more special. As you can see my SLK is black.
Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated! Do I paint them red, black, or leave them alone and just paint the rusty stuff?

Thank you in advance!

PS I ordered a Dremel rotary clone, lots of specialty brushes to clean everything up, and got a jack and brake stands throughout the winter just to do this. I am doing this because I gave up on thinking about replacing my Command HU. Thanks again.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Here is mine painted

I did mine, my car is black and the interior is black and red. The calipers I did last week, I like the look. No labels on them, plain red. By the way the rims are AMG but the car is not. If anybody is wondering why; I bought them off a lady who sold her car and the deal was one I couldn't refuse. Rims and winter tires were are like new.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the insight.
I love the way it looks.
Lucky you to get AMG wheels.
I wish I had a set of AMG wheels, then I might be able to make a case that I need an AMG 55 to go with them.

I did mine, my car is black and the interior is black and red. The calipers I did last week, I like the look. No labels on them, plain red. By the way the rims are AMG but the car is not. If anybody is wondering why; I bought them off a lady who sold her car and the deal was one I couldn't refuse. Rims and winter tires were are like new.

Reactions: simplyslk
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.