Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am still hunting for my first slk32, and I came across a fairly low mileage one that's local, but it's private party so no free car report.

I was hoping one of you kind folk that has unlimited vin checks with either CarFax or AutoCheck could run this vin: WDBKK66F52F252715 for me. It would be much appreciated! :grin:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,102 Posts

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,350 Posts
If you have an Iphone check out an app called myCarfax. You might be able to use it to get info by using the vin number.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The app got me some info, but the records stop at 18,000 miles in 2007, then only a car wash in 2008 and a an emissions test at 22,000 miles in 2010. The dashboard of the app is telling me the car has 93,046 miles, but the ad listing says 46,000 miles.

Do you know if this app is as accurate as the online reports, or is this miles number an estimate based on average driving habits?

·
2,350 Posts
Yes the miles are estimated on averages for current miles. Mycarfax does not show all info but if service was done by a dealer or a company that reports mileage it would show. This is about the same as a Carfax report, accidents and none service items do not show in myCarfax but would be on carfax. If service is done by DIY or and indy it will not show in either one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes the miles are estimated on averages for current miles. Mycarfax does not show all info but if service was done by a dealer or a company that reports mileage it would show. This is about the same as a Carfax report, accidents and none service items do not show in myCarfax but would be on carfax. If service is done by DIY or and indy it will not show in either one.

Thanks for the info. Cross checking with the ad and app, it looks like the app doesn't have any information from the most recent owner which is fine. The current owner is the second owner and bought the car in 2010. As long as he has good records and the car checks out, I should hopefully be a new SLK owner by the end of the week! Just wish it was any color than silver... :crying:

·
95,102 Posts
Black is the color you want!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Black is the color you want!
It really is! I can only find one with good mileage though, and it's in California and my Credit Union won't finance an out of state car, so I'm stuck with silver unfortunately. I would wait longer for a black to show up in Colorado if I could, but I needed a car weeks ago ha.

·
95,102 Posts
Great things come to he who waits :D

·
2,350 Posts
do not worry so much about a Carfax. If it is clean in good shape and everything works and appears to be taken care of is what counts. Good luck and have fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts