Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't believe I can't find anything detailed on this part.

I went to unbolt the shift cable connector that goes into the back of the transmission and it snapped on me! Now I'm trying to figure out if the rest of it comes apart or I have to trace it up through into the cabin and replace the whole cable! There doesn't seem to be anything on it anywhere. Starting to think I'm gonna be towing my car into a shop.

If anyone has any experience with this or knows where to look please let me know asap.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Can't believe I can't find anything detailed on this part.

I went to unbolt the shift cable connector that goes into the back of the transmission and it snapped on me! Now I'm trying to figure out if the rest of it comes apart or I have to trace it up through into the cabin and replace the whole cable! There doesn't seem to be anything on it anywhere. Starting to think I'm gonna be towing my car into a shop.

If anyone has any experience with this or knows where to look please let me know asap.
So sorry to hear that. Does this part have any part number printed on it? Usually MB parts do. I can try finding smth in the repair manual cd

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks Jayson,

Yeah that doesn't really look like it in the pic but I don't see what else it could be. The other end goes up into the cockpit. Looks to be around the centre armrest is. I was hoping that I could just take apart the white plastic case but it appears that it's part of the whole cable.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
This is the cable you need. If you look at pictures in PDFs, it looks the same. PDF is just a drawing hence doesn't adhere to size dimension, but the form and locations are the same. Here's two PDF documents that might help you. Hope they will give you at least the basic idea. That's the closest I could get to your problem. Seems that this cable simply unscrews from the transmission. Might be a leaking O-ring or broken connector/stripped threading...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Yeah just called Mercedes dealer. Looks like this part is specific to the slk230 and they dont stock it in Canada. Special order from Germany only and will take a week and a half and $80. I'm gonna try to repair the one I broke this weekend. Thanks so much guys. Really appreciate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.