Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my roof cylinder blew out and now im stuck with the top down. Is there a way to manually put the roof up until I get the repair kit on the mail. Please help. I dont have another car to move around. Thank you

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,419 Posts
do note you can not close the rear side windows. You will need to use something a tape over the opening until you can get the top fixed to work on it's own. But you have to top up and stay dry.

·
Registered
212 Posts
do note you can not close the rear side windows. You will need to use something a tape over the opening until you can get the top fixed to work on it's own. But you have to top up and stay dry.
I know the manual states it, but Why does everyone always say you can't close the rear windows??? Once you manually close the top, re-tighten the bolts you loosened up in the system and press the red magic top button forward. Because everything is already locked up, and the switches are triggered, it won't run the lock mechanisms and it will just put your windows up. I've done it and a few other guys on here have done it too!

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,419 Posts
I know the manual states it, but Why does everyone always say you can't close the rear windows??? Once you manually close the top, re-tighten the bolts you loosened up in the system and press the red magic top button forward. Because everything is already locked up, and the switches are triggered, it won't run the lock mechanisms and it will just put your windows up. I've done it and a few other guys on here have done it too!

WOW, guess the person who wrote the manual did not know this. I have never had the need to do the mamually closing so was just repeating what was in the instructions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.