Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i am planning to change my suspension as the front ones are feeling soft and while driving through pot holes, there's a "thud" , which feels like the suspension bottomed out, but not really. Feels like the force being transmitted straight to the body of the car. Just didn't like that.. I am running on 18 inch, tyre profile should be 225/40/18 if not mistaken.

However before buying suspension online, could anyone tell me how do i identify my vehicle has been fitted with original suspension or sports suspension? They have height differences and i don't want to get the wrong one, where my original springs would not fit. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
hi, i am planning to change my suspension as the front ones are feeling soft and while driving through pot holes, there's a "thud" , which feels like the suspension bottomed out, but not really. Feels like the force being transmitted straight to the body of the car. Just didn't like that.. I am running on 18 inch, tyre profile should be 225/40/18 if not mistaken.

However before buying suspension online, could anyone tell me how do i identify my vehicle has been fitted with original suspension or sports suspension? They have height differences and i don't want to get the wrong one, where my original springs would not fit. Thanks!
Have JBanks15 get you your datacard; that will tell you if the car came equipped with the Sport package suspension. When you speak of replacing suspension, are you really meaning to replace the shocks? Usually a reference to replacing suspension implies both springs and shocks as a set. Bilstein makes shocks of several different levels of stiffness which can be used with Mercedes' regular or sport springs, or with aftermarket spings. Several threads here on the various choices people have made in altering their ride height and driving dynamics with suspension changes.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,349 Posts
Datacrd? It will show what came on your car but NOT what was added after :D

http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

aslo wrx, please update your profile:
Vehicle: R171 slk 200

with the model year when you can please:

Please update your vehicle (year?: 1996-2015,) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t.
Follow exactly to update: ‘Usercp’ at the top of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’. Your profile is NOT updated in your ‘personal garage’.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't find the option on my phone browser to update , will do it on my pc instead. Thanks guys , found out from a suspension mechanic that my springs are original ones . I will get a bilstein b6 shocks , saw lots of good reviews about it. And I would use my original springs on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.