Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was just a the Mercedes dealer today, I like the R171 SLK so much, and i think will get it next spring. but i hear that every body of mercedes cars will be ues for 7 yrs(for R171 which came out 2005, will end 2012), then there will be a new model come out. Do you guys think it is just good to get this R171 model, or maybe wait for the next gernartion?

Thanks

·
Registered
840 Posts
There is some talk of major changes in the SLK, to be introduced in the spring of 2010 -- probably as a 2011 model. Supposedly, this will include a turbo diesel option making around 200 hp and 350+ lbs. ft. of torque -- and getting over 53 miles per gallon. The Mercedes Club of America magazine has published a picture of what is supposed to be the R172 SLK to be introduced about that time. Whether this "talk" is true or not, only time can tell. I would, however, expect the R 172 a bit before 2012.

·
Registered
349 Posts
First, welcome to the forum. R172 will at least be few years away, like you said. It will be too long of a wait IMO. My suggestion is to lease the one you like. Consider the low interest rate and the typical year end deal, I think it is the best time to get the R171. At the end of the lease term (3 or 4 years), you can decide to keep it or go for a new R172.

Good luck

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!!

The SLK is too much fun to wait. Life's short.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
And here's another consideration. When the R 172 gets here, will you like its styling? From the pictures I've seen that are supposed to be the R 172, I don't. It looks like a shortened and squared-up SL. The signature SLR grill is nowhere in sight.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
7x on the above :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
8X, Even when the car is parked in my garage, It is exciting to watch.
The SLK to me is a great value, Aside from the great looks,
It has many great performance features.
I bought the car mainly to unwind after work, It is so therapeutic.
I do not drive my car much at all, But it makes me smile ear to ear when I do.
Get into one, I don't think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, it's nice to meet you all, too. I will go to the dealer this Fri again and talk to they about this. THanks again!

·
Registered
533 Posts
2012 is still a long way away and who says the SLK will be what it is now, if you can afford it and want it, get it!

I unfortunately have to wait as i'm after a specific 55 which isn't exactly freely available.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.