Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I have just bought a 1999 SLK 230 and it is great!! So far I had the engine and gear mount changed, all fluids changed.

The car was failing at higher revs and after I cleaned the MAF, the problem was gone. I was surprised with the amount of oil stuck to the MAF.

Any clue on what is causing oil contamination on the MAF?

When I bought the car the roof was working fine. The roof fluid was leveled at the minimum. I asked my mechanic to top it up. Which he did. Now it is leveled at max. The first time I opened the roof I spotted a leak on the left cylinder that goes inside the trunk. Never tried it again afraid of damaging it.

I read almost all posts on the thread about vario roof at r170. Lots of great info there. Thank you very much. I even posted some questions there but as it is such a long thread I believe my question was lost there and I decided to post a new thread. Sorry bout that but I am anxious to fix it.
The questions I have are:

1- Thud57 mentioned he had a step by step instruction on how to change the rings. I contacted him with no luck. Does anyone have the instructions for me?
2- As far as I understood I need 5 o rings and 5 u rings. On ebay I see mostly o rings on sale. It seems the good ones are sold by meedee88pandora, and they replace the U rings. Is that correct? Do I also need the O rings that are placed on the tip of the piston?
3- Found all replacement seals at MJ Produkte GmbH for 55 euros. they are Viton. Apparently, the brown Viton u ring is not good is that correct? Should I go with the O ring instead?

Thank you very much for the great info and help

regards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.