Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought SLK 230K ´97 a few weeks ago. Earlyer owner had Changed the cd-player. He said that Due to this, the Lamp failure light is contiously on when headlights switched on. It also had blacked out the Right side midlle console lights. All light bulps are ok and appropriate.

I took the cd-player off and there was a black DIN(ISO) connector with two small brown wires connect to it. Now with new player I dont have a idea where to connect that...? Is this the reason for it?

Plase Advice What to do :confused:

- Kaaleppi

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Hmm, does not sound correct to me. I know a lot of people who have fitted aftermarket radios to the R170 (and I did in a W203 C class - about the same electronically) and not had any problems with bulb failures or anything else.

Can you take some photos of the connectors in your car? In theory the guy should have used an ISO adapter and left the stock wiring harness intact.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,061 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I believe the light failure indicator only pertains to the outside lighting like headlights parking and turn signals. Would be kinda dumb to have the interior lights hooked up too cause obviously you can see them without the idiot light telling you so. So I agree, there has to be a different issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Kaaleppi
as LasVegasCop states the bulb failure only relates to headlights and front and rear side lights, check if the failure lamp actually comes on with side lights only on or only when switched to headlights? if its when sidelights are on check the side lights (and maybe reg plate lamps but not sure) if the P.O has changed the front side lamps for LED type this will often cause a bulb fail sig! (LED's that dont produce a bulb fail sig are available, try ebay)

Mark

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Bulb Failure light turns on a few second later when I switch headlights on. It doesen´t react on side lights or other lights. Engine must be running as well. If engine is turned off, but headlights are on, failure light does not light up.

any new ideas??

·
Registered
159 Posts
The Bulb Failure light turns on a few second later when I switch headlights on. It doesen´t react on side lights or other lights. Engine must be running as well. If engine is turned off, but headlights are on, failure light does not light up.

any new ideas??
Shouldn't the bulb warning light come on with the rest of of the warning lights & go off after you start the engine ?
It does on my car .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it does, but after 2-3 seconds when other lights turns off, it turns on again.
Also all headlight connectors are in good shape...

- Kaaleppi

·
Registered
22 Posts
it sounds like its definitely related to the headlights, you have confirmed the bulbs are standard so my next suggestion that uprated higher wattage bulbs may be causing this does not apply, although i'm unsure that if damage may be caused to the bulb failure circuitry if were installed at earlier date? perhaps another member could confirm this?

in any case i'd say you definitely should be looking at the headlights to be causing this
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.