Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear fellow members,

So far I've got along nicely with previous Mercedes cars, that worked with the old DAS diagnostics/coding, but those times (of DAS-operated cars) will not be coming back, so variant coding stuff just might be stuck with Vediamo for a hobbyist.

To my embarrasment, I've been unable to get Vediamo working - maybe age is taking its toll and I'm not as flexible minded I used to be.

However, it'd really help me - potentially others too - if a kind soul, having this working, would make time sacrifice and write a short how-to, please?

1. What needed (SDconnect monitor, working; Vediamo; which datafiles and from where)
2. Step-by-step on how to connect
3. Reference on how to do one very small variant coding, for example, change Comand's boot screen from Mercedes logo to AMG logo

I'd be very grateful on help with these; since a one car hobbyist will never be able to afford a hobby with online SCNs, this will remain, at least for the time being, the only option available. I believe, having the correct procedure for just one coding will greatly help coping with any other coding there's to be carried out.

Thank you in advance for anyone willing to help out!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My installation is a SDconnect 4 with WLAN interface to a Windows XP machine, having DAS/Xentry/WIS/Vediamo, and Vediamo's version is 5.00.05, would that be pertinent for the matter.

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Sorry, can't help you with Vediamo. I tried it myself and gave up as being 'too complicated'. Vediamo is meant to programm individual controllers so you should really be carefull here. With STAR you are staying within the parameters MB set for the type you choose, not so with Vediamo. You're entering the realms of Bosch, Continental and other manufacturers that create these controllers. You should also have a degree on how CAN has been implemented on your car since that is the way these controllers communicate with each other.

Since MB closed most options after 2010 to work with STAR (you need 'permission', i.e. a code from MB computers in Stuttgart to change most things) STAR isn't much help anymore on the R172. Vediamo is the way forward but like I said, it is at a much more detailed level than STAR ever was.

BTW
The example of MB COMAND screen to AMG is falsified, only applicable to R171.

·
Premium Member
4,066 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@i860, thank you very much for the quick tutorial link!

Admitted, Vediamo is more dangerous than pulldown menus on DAS, but, as said, (I'd) better get used to it, as this is what's on home garage realm on current decade's cars :I

One plays, one pays.

@JudgeMing, sorry for the bad example. Tried to find the most simple one, and nothing as simple (and risk free) came to my mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts