Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are 2 rear underbody braces that run from the tunnel for the driveshaft/rear axle to the outeredge where the jack would be placed to lift the car. Can anyone help with a correct name and the part number for the driver's side piece? The shop that changed my muffler tossed mine without even telling me they were making their job easier and removing it. If they had caved the part I would not feel as bad but it seems that it was scrapped though they did save the muffler and rear cats which are hollow on my car! I got a broom stick to go well past the cat and all the way to the resonator before any obstruction. I need to fond what this part is called and where I can get one to have from somebody's part out car or a yard that carries such things, mark, Thanks in advance.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts
vin number Mark? don't make me go looking :D

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts
torsion bar?

·
Registered
59 Posts
There are 2 rear underbody braces that run from the tunnel for the driveshaft/rear axle to the outeredge where the jack would be placed to lift the car. Can anyone help with a correct name and the part number for the driver's side piece? The shop that changed my muffler tossed mine without even telling me they were making their job easier and removing it. If they had caved the part I would not feel as bad but it seems that it was scrapped though they did save the muffler and rear cats which are hollow on my car! I got a broom stick to go well past the cat and all the way to the resonator before any obstruction. I need to fond what this part is called and where I can get one to have from somebody's part out car or a yard that carries such things, mark, Thanks in advance.
Check this thread, JasonM provides the answer.

http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r170-general-discussion/53913-what-part-called.html

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pic 1. The front bars off the car.

Pic 2. All you need to make a long bath. A length of square guttering and two stop ends. Assemble them and fill with water to prove no leaks. Water is cheaper to loose than rust remover.

THIS IS THE PART FOR THE FRONT. NOW I NEED A REAR PIC AND PART#/PRICE FROM WHOM? i STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS CALLED!

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Pic 1. The front bars off the car.

Pic 2. All you need to make a long bath. A length of square guttering and two stop ends. Assemble them and fill with water to prove no leaks. Water is cheaper to loose than rust remover.

THIS IS THE PART FOR THE FRONT. NOW I NEED A REAR PIC AND PART#/PRICE FROM WHOM? i STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS CALLED!
KEEP CALM and follow the link, it contains the EPC diagram and part numbers. It's a dealer only part and costs about £25 in the UK.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts
part 100

give me your vin to make sure they are the same for your car

these same parts are in that thread that was already posted

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
KEEP CALM and follow the link, it contains the EPC diagram and part numbers. It's a dealer only part and costs about £25 in the UK.
Keep Calm?! I have to step back here or I will get banned for speaking about the reason I should be calm and why I once sought solace in drink. The problem is the guy took the part off to put the pipe/,muffler on in an easy way. Even if i had the part it would not fit unless the muffler and pipe were reworked. I think the guy can make a support piece to fit with the pipe where it is, make a custom fit bar in this place. I saw one for $160. here which seems insanely costly. can you do a price comparison for me please?

Jeff. Im am 99% sure it is part 100 from the drawing you found. I suppose I should have a caed made with the VIN that I carry in my wallet! I trust this guy who is a car guy himself and he never asked/told me he was not putting the bar back. I was too excited to drive the car and checked for the bar in the AM and it was not on the car.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts
part number listed in the pic
a1705240147

·
Registered
59 Posts
Keep Calm?! I have to step back here or I will get banned for speaking about the reason I should be calm and why I once sought solace in drink. The problem is the guy took the part off to put the pipe/,muffler on in an easy way. Even if i had the part it would not fit unless the muffler and pipe were reworked. I think the guy can make a support piece to fit with the pipe where it is, make a custom fit bar in this place. I saw one for $160. here which seems insanely costly. can you do a price comparison for me please?

Jeff. Im am 99% sure it is part 100 from the drawing you found. I suppose I should have a caed made with the VIN that I carry in my wallet! I trust this guy who is a car guy himself and he never asked/told me he was not putting the bar back. I was too excited to drive the car and checked for the bar in the AM and it was not on the car.
What a strange response - I provide the answers to your questions and you go off on an illogical rant?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
part number listed in the pic
a1705240147
That is the part number but I cannot find a new price and it is almost as if the part is only available overseas. maybe the name I saw Strobel(?) was the manufacturer for Mercedes. still would like to know the new price and what the part does. It appears to help stiffen the unibody?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts
strut left rear or reinforcement rear left

Mercedes Parts Center

BODY HARDWARE / PILLARS, ROCKER & FLOOR / FLOOR & RAILS / Reinforcement
1705240147 - Reinforcement
rear Left

MSRP Core ? Online Price
$46.00 $0.00 $34.17
View Part Diagram -- Item #19

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.