Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my 2005 SLK 350 at the dealer here in LA- I asked them to shut off the Canada spec DRL which forces the headlight low beam to be on all the time regardless of headlight switch position. They were not sure what I was talking about as far as "DRL settings" in the system. Do any of you know the menu setting path so I can tell the MB tech where to look and what to set it to?

·
DAS/STAR Registered Owner 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,020 Posts
Morning

I think changing the country is one way of doing this .. I changed mine to USA a while back when trying to get to the bottom of the TPMS saga and that enabled the side markers (and I couldn’t find an easy way to disable only those, but I didn’t spend that much time looking)
Changing away from USA removed the errors

I’m guessing that a change to a different location will change the functionality to suit ...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Morning

I think changing the country is one way of doing this .. I changed mine to USA a while back when trying to get to the bottom of the TPMS saga and that enabled the side markers (and I couldn’t find an easy way to disable only those, but I didn’t spend that much time looking)
Changing away from USA removed the errors

I’m guessing that a change to a different location will change the functionality to suit ...
Thank you - I was not aware you could do that in the system. I'll ask the tech to see what it is presently set to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts