Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is something new that just started on my Slk. Mypainton the Valve cover starts to bubble and probably will peel later on. I have seen this on many R170s that i looked at it. I guess the paint starts to brake down due to heat? Any ideas why and how i can fix it besides buying a new cover. I just spoke to my Mb Dealer the new valve cover:( will be $ 283.10 special order out of Germany. Or i can have it powder coated and it probably will run close to the price of a new cover. Any ideas on how to resolve this problem. i just like my Engine looking pretty

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Reactions: Gregg and etyu

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx for the info. i guess when i have some time off i will take the cover off and give it to my neighbor since he works in a bodyshop

·
Registered
527 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I will probably have to do this at some point. Just noticed one bubble on the cover a few days ago. It is still not bad, but I'm sure with time it will be. Would be easy to find a color match?

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Instead of trying to patch it, I would take it off then get it sand/grit/bead blasted, acid etched then powder coated. Should last longer than the original finish.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,318 Posts
fyi Brad, BH sold his slk

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,318 Posts
guy's original thread over a year old!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.