Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 2003 SLK230K
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
F)
I love my little Blue SLK230. It was abused by the owner before me, bad I am talking real real bad. About a week ago it backfired getting up to speed on the on ramp. Then i notice the lack of power. The car still ran fine and had no waring lights and it wasn't hot. Just no power like we are all used too. When i got home i open the hood and notice the supercharger wasn't working. So i go to the forum for help. found a most that talks about removing the clutch washers and having it always on. Then a few days later at speed on the interstate it got bogged down but still no warning lights. I have checked the K40 relay and fuses. Saturday i did a complete tune up. Plugs wires fuel filter air filter and crank sensor. Even steam cleaned the engine. Waited a few hours just in case water about before putting the negative lead back on. She started right up . good sign.. still no supercharger..ggrrrrr. ok so i do the little fix by removing the washers. supercharger is now on all the time. i thought wow that worked and it was easy. i drove the car around the block still no damn power. i am sick of it ....:tazz: please someone everyone help me please.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,360 Posts
Moving to r170 general discussion. Forum help is for forum help

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Isn't there a local Indy that could diagnose the problem for you, offer a solution and a quote and then you would be able to DIY? But at least by then you would known exactly what you're dealing with? Just my 2 cents before you sell her. Especially since you've put so much love into her.

However..to play devils advocate? Its drop top season and I'm positive there is another sexy little 170 just waiting to take that spot in the garage lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.