Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Option 3

Votes: 6 25.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.

help me choose my new wheels

3K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  mightycpa 
#1 ·
wich ones do you like? or if you don't like any of them tell me as well!

option1

option2

option3

See less See more
#10 ·
I added a poll

Please vote even if you posted your preference :D

#11 ·
If you don't have an AMG, don't be a poser :D

#18 ·
I voted #1 , but you should choose the ones you like. Try some out with picture pasting if you can. You will be looking at them, cleaning them etc. So choose carefully!

I am not really sure any of these suit the R170, but I have never considered changing wheels (I have an R170). I certainly agree with Jeff in that if your car is not an AMG don't use items styled for AMG.

I can understand your wish for new wheels, but have you considered getting a set of refurbished wheels that are stock for the R170? Maybe there were a couple of options available throughout the years they were built.

Anyway! Good luck and good fortune to you! And as always.....

Happy Driving!

#19 ·
thanks everybody!! I like them all, but i haven't decided yet because they're 18' wheels and the roads in Costa Rica are terrible. Do you guys think i will be getting flat tires very often if i decide to use this size? It's almost time to change my tires so i'm gonna have to make a decision this week!

#20 ·
I bought a set of used rims with winter tires on them for my 1998 SLK 230. They were 16 inch AMG rims and the winter tires that had only been used for 1 season. I bought 4 AMG rims for the price of 1. The rims had no road rash and were perfect. I don't have a picture handy as now I have my summer tires on with my car's original rims.

My point is, see if you can get a deal on used rims by looking through the classified ads (I found mine via Kijiji). I don't have an AMG SLK but at the price, in that condition, I couldn't refuse. Hope you find a deal like I did. Use the money saved on getting something else done. I repainted the interior and got the exterior waxed and paint corrected with the savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.