Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpg Hi Group
Can anybody figure out what the name of my engine builder is, from this signature?

TIA
Paul

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,091 Posts
I rotated your pic to make it easier to read.

·
94,091 Posts

·
94,091 Posts
From slk55 _kt

How To - AMG Master Mechanics List
For those who are members of the AMG Private Lounge and would like to peruse the latest list of 'Master Mechanics', here's how I get to the list (there is probably a quicker set of links/instructions, but I know this works, because I'm typing the steps as I go thru the various screens):
1. Log onto the Private Lounge starting at this link: https://www.mercedes-amg.com/private...ration/welcome
2. Select the language you want to use (either English or German). I select 'Welcome. >Global English' (note that you won't get a typical 'hand' cursor when you hover over this 'hot spot' - select it anyway and you will then get to the 'MEMBER LOGIN' screen. I assume if you use the German interface, the steps will be comparable.
3. Enter your personal 'User Name:' and 'Password:' values. Select the 'Login' button (it might be just visible under the login section - very strange that they put it down there, because it can be very difficult to find and get to - it's almost off of my visible screen area).
4. At the 'Home' screen, from the upper row of tabs select 'INSIDE AMG', which will open a second row of selections.
5. In the second row, select 'COMPANY' to open another screen.
6. Next Screen - In the upper right of the pictures, select 'ONE MAN, ONE ENGINE > More' to open another screen.
7. We're getting close now. In the 'RELATED ARTICLES' SECTION', scroll to the right (or left) using one of the 'Scroll Arrows', until you get the 'Master Mechanics > More' selection to display (it displays a picture of a Mechanic working on an engine).
8. Select 'More' in this screen and it will finally open the listing of Master Mechanics....yeah.

There are 4 pages in the list. They appear to be listed alphabetically using the mechanics 'First Name'. The first page of the list starts with 'Andreas Baver' and the last name on the fourth page is 'Wolfgang Herrmann'.

Hope this helps any who might be looking for their mechanic.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From slk55 _kt

How To - AMG Master Mechanics List
For those who are members of the AMG Private Lounge and would like to peruse the latest list of 'Master Mechanics', here's how I get to the list (there is probably a quicker set of links/instructions, but I know this works, because I'm typing the steps as I go thru the various screens):
1. Log onto the Private Lounge starting at this link: https://www.mercedes-amg.com/private...ration/welcome
2. Select the language you want to use (either English or German). I select 'Welcome. >Global English' (note that you won't get a typical 'hand' cursor when you hover over this 'hot spot' - select it anyway and you will then get to the 'MEMBER LOGIN' screen. I assume if you use the German interface, the steps will be comparable.
3. Enter your personal 'User Name:' and 'Password:' values. Select the 'Login' button (it might be just visible under the login section - very strange that they put it down there, because it can be very difficult to find and get to - it's almost off of my visible screen area).
4. At the 'Home' screen, from the upper row of tabs select 'INSIDE AMG', which will open a second row of selections.
5. In the second row, select 'COMPANY' to open another screen.
6. Next Screen - In the upper right of the pictures, select 'ONE MAN, ONE ENGINE > More' to open another screen.
7. We're getting close now. In the 'RELATED ARTICLES' SECTION', scroll to the right (or left) using one of the 'Scroll Arrows', until you get the 'Master Mechanics > More' selection to display (it displays a picture of a Mechanic working on an engine).
8. Select 'More' in this screen and it will finally open the listing of Master Mechanics....yeah.

There are 4 pages in the list. They appear to be listed alphabetically using the mechanics 'First Name'. The first page of the list starts with 'Andreas Baver' and the last name on the fourth page is 'Wolfgang Herrmann'.

Hope this helps any who might be looking for their mechanic.
Excellent The URL was slightly off but easy to figure out.
Registered with no issues and got to the master mechanics no problem
Thx for the detailed navigation.
Michael Hilcz. It is, I'll update my Garage notes in my profile.:tu:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Unfortunately, the master mechanics list is incomplete. Although they try to update it regularly, the PL's chief editor explained that, due to the privacy laws in Germany, they need to get approval from the builders to include their names on the site.

They do have a sticky thread: "Who made your engine?"

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/privatelounge/forums/showthread.php?t=266

If you can't find your builder via the aforementioned master mechanics list, post the picture here and you will get a personal answer from the AMG folks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts