Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all when I got the car it had a Motorola phone cradle but no phone in it I want to get my iPhone to work throu the command system on the car is there a blue tooth adapter that plugs straight into the socket that the Motorola is plugged in to [ im thinking that's to easy] its a 2005 slk350 uk speck thanks in advance

Attachments

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
nks for the qick reply mate nothing is cheap n the merc lol looks ike ill be spending more money
You're welcome... There may also be a ViseeO equivalent, but I've never tried those, so can't advise. Someone who has may respond and add their input here (or some searching/research might help, now you know what you're looking for). :tu:

Reactions: daz1

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
3,253 Posts
I had both, a ViseeO MB4 and the MB HFP cradle. Eventually dumped the ViseeO because half the time it didn't autoconnect to the phone. Never had that problem with the MB cradle. MB cradle had as disadvantage that phonebook transfer didn't work. Turned out that it used a different implementation of the PBAP protocol than my (old) Samsung smartphone did. Had that resolved by implementing the old IrMC/SYCH software. Worked flawless since day 1.
Disadvantage of the MB cradle is that it is not upgradable whereas ViseeO regularly brings out new firmware as new smartphones come on the market. Look here for phone compatibility. For Apple only up to iPhone 5 is guaranteed. This does not mean your iPhone 6 will not work but I suggest you should ask that specifically first before buying the cradle.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
I have an iPhone 6, and it works perfectly with the Mercedes HFP unit I linked to above. :tu:

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
I'm not sure which version of the HFP module I have (it was already fitted when I bought the car), but it sync the contact from my iPhone 6 to the car without issue (can take a little while to finish connecting after I first get in the car, but probably less than a minute to do so).

I'm not sure how many contacts I have, but probably around 200, and some contacts with multiple numbers stored against them too. I had forgotten, but I did hit the limit when I first connected my phone. It effectively just stopped syncing the numbers from my contacts once it reached it's limit (i.e. it sync'd all up to a certain letter - let's say W - so I had to do a little housekeeping of my contacts to make them all fit). The limit appeared to be based on the number of phone numbers being transferred, not the number of contact entries. Hope this helps.

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK55 AMG
3,633 Posts
I also have the MB unit and it works with my Samsung (not I phone 6) no problems. Again previous owner paid £300 to have it fitted. All the Steering Wheel Buttons work just fine. I think you can also call locations from the Sat-Nav? I have not tried this.
If you press the little button I think the unit you are showing will slide off?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I assume that this unit will work with most (if not all) modern Android phones.
Anybody tried this?

I have a OnePlus 2 and I would like to use that in the car using the built in phone system.
My 55 has option 386 - MOBILE PRE.-INSTALLATION (MTUS) (€545,20)

·
Registered
30 Posts

Attachments

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
3,253 Posts
Yes, that's an HFP cradle, latest version judging by the partnr. Your iPhone 6 should work with it I guess.
No guarantee, never had an iPhone but I think I read in other threads mentioned that an iPhone 6 works fine.

The black thing is just a cover, should easily pop off. You can't really break anything, on the other side are just some plastic clips that keep it clamped to the UHI connector. There is a little piece cut out on the right side of it in your pic. It's right in the middle of that side of the cover. Just put your nail under it and it should pop off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
@Sneaky Pete Ik zal nog eens proberen om dat kapje er af te halen zonder de boel kapot te maken (-;

In my case it's not for an iPhone, but for a 2015 Android phone (OnePlus 2). I will report the result.
@SLKDREAM When you search Ebay for the model number, you will find several sellers that offer second hand units.
The price depends on the model you buy (elder models are cheaper than the latest model).

As I understand, the original model is the B6 787 5877, which was replaced by the B6 787 6168, which in turn was replaced by B6 788 0000.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.