Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just taken apart the entire centre console of my SLK to try and work out what lead I need to connect my IPOD. I was hoping it would be easy to spot where or what would be needed - but no ! Can anyone suggest the best lead option to connect to my Audio 20 CDC ? Model no: MF 2780 - A1718200386. The idea being to feed it back via the glove box. Any help appreciated whilst my car is in bits !!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Hmm, I think you may be out of luck - the head you have has NO support for AUX input. There are a couple of threads here on how to hack it and modify this to use the CD inputs..

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,420 Posts
I also recall a post were person opened the radio and hooked some wires to the inside where the CD player in the glove box hooks up. Ran the wires to the glove box with a 1/8 plug on the end that plugged into the headphone plug and then put a blank CD in the player when he want to listen to the Ipod.

Do a search.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Answered in your PM, but the CDC is on the MOST fiber bus, so no, not without a MOST based device like the GW500 or iTronics.

·
S L K Tech Enthusiast
602 Posts
I have a mObridge box, it replaces the CDC on the MOST fiber optic network and adds iPod and Aux-In. In my case the car had a COMAND head unit but they also make a version for Audio 20. Google for a retailer but the product specs are at "mobridge dot us" website.

Forgot to mention that I really like the mObridge product, and from what I've seen the other products mentioned here also have many happy owners, too. It's easy to attach these to the network, pretty much just snaps apart and back together. Search this site and you'll find plenty of pictures and how-to notes from others who have added to their audio systems. Worst part of the job is running the cable, especially if you want to put it into the upper phone tray section of the center console. If you're happy storing it in the lower portion of the console compartment it's a breeze - there's a square opening in the rear wall of the lower compartment, it pops out. Inspect carefully you'll see a small slot, gently pry it open using a standard screwdriver like the battery compartment of an electronic device; the "door" pops open and tips downward to be removed. I tapped into the MOST network under the glove box where the CDC connection is/would be, and there's plenty of room at the front of the console behind the ashtray to tuck the box, central to power, MOST and the console.

·
Registered 2007 SLK280
1,181 Posts
If you request it on youTube, for an SLK, you get the video. It's a little tricky but doable. It works well and saves you some money. I recommend using high quality cables and to practice your soldering skills before hand. Goodluck. BTW, is you search here, you can find the appropriate thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.