Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,560 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:The black 2006 SLK 55 looks nice. Best interior choice and good option list. I've purchased two SLKs off eBay with great results. Based on the vehicle description and seller feedback, I put deposits on both, but picked up both in person. Forum member Daytona Jae recently purchased a west coast E Class (?) sedan sight unseen, but he employed a "professional car inspector" who reported the results to him. Search user "Daytona Jae" for documentation of his experience.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks JB.

Thanks for your input -1-, daytonajaes story seemed to have a happy ending, good to know. What do you think would be a good price to get that black 06 for?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,560 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,724 Posts
Hi tu99a

i would say as normal make sure it has FULL service history ( work done by a MB dealship only , if not walk away) , If the car done anywhere near 25k or 50k miles that all the brake discs & pads are as new as possible + tires , Get the vin number & ask a forum member to call that number up .

Cheers & good luck

Andy

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another question, on that one I looked at, most of the paint on the plastic pieces next to rear window has worn off, is that common? I was thinking I would just remove it all and it would look fine, especially with a black one. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Another question, on that one I looked at, most of the paint on the plastic pieces next to rear window has worn off, is that common? I was thinking I would just remove it all and it would look fine, especially with a black one. Thanks again.
That's pretty common for cars that have seen some sun. It is not a real big deal to replace them, the instructions are on this site somewhere. I wouldn't let that deter me from any purchase.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sold my car today so let the real shopping begin! I'm thinking about buying one in the western states, then flying out and driving it back. If anyones keeping their finger on the pulse of the used market, post some decent ones you've seen in the 30g range, thanks alot!

·
Registered
16 Posts
if you havent bought yet, I just purchased my 2006 SLK 55 AMG for $30k with 48k miles if that helps.
Car has sports package navigation package premium sound system and a few other things

We paid for the owner to bring the car to the local Mercedes dealership and they did a used car buying inspection that gave me all the details on the engine and the body which I highly recommend. If your going to spend this much on a car might as well pay a couple hundred to make sure its in good condition.

Good luck with your purchase

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if you havent bought yet, I just purchased my 2006 SLK 55 AMG for $30k with 48k miles if that helps.
Car has sports package navigation package premium sound system and a few other things

We paid for the owner to bring the car to the local Mercedes dealership and they did a used car buying inspection that gave me all the details on the engine and the body which I highly recommend. If your going to spend this much on a car might as well pay a couple hundred to make sure its in good condition.

Good luck with your purchase
Congrats on the AMG! No I still haven't bought and thanks for the advice, I plan on getting an inspection on whichever one I find.

Dennis C, your AMG looks nice, but I think it's probably a little outta my price range, thanks.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts

Nice car, I've run the VIN before - not sure if it was a forum member or someone else looking at it. It's an early build car, and missing AirScarf, which would be a deal breaker for me personally. $27k is in the right range, I'd get the service history if you can.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Fellow canuck...you must have the airscarf...trust me!! Does that one have the scarf? You'll love the red interior - we do!! Shipping from OR will set you back about 1500+$.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fellow canuck...you must have the airscarf...trust me!! Does that one have the scarf? You'll love the red interior - we do!! Shipping from OR will set you back about 1500+$.
Thanks for the input! Haha its probably more necesarry in Ottawa than Vancouver Island :p, when I buy, I plan on flying out and driving that bad boy back, so no shipping.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.