Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! So, I bought a shorter antenna for Sir Neptune and when I was installing it, it appeared that the owner before me had used electrical tape to keep the connection between what I think is the amplifier and the antenna. Unfortunately, I didn't notice this until after it came off. As I was looking around for a replacement wire, everything seems ridiculously expensive. I even tried eBay!:crying:

Antenna Base 1708200575 - Genuine Mercedes-Benz - 170-820-05-75 | Pelican Parts

https://www.carpartsdiscount.com/antenna-base.html?3593=491533

Mercedes R170 SLK230 SLK320 SLK32 AMG Antenna Base Genuine 170 820 05 75 | eBay

I figured the good people of SLK World may have some ideas of where I can find this cable for a not so crazy price? The part number is 170 820 05 75.

Thank you!
-Par

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Hi
Good day.

Yes, It is really ludicrously expensive.

I am quite sure it can be repaired.
It is just a coaxial wire attached to an end terminal.
If it were me, I definitely not buy but will repair it.

Post some pictures, as many as you can, then let us have a look.

Thank you & have a nice day

·
Registered
56 Posts
Antenna Base

the part you are looking at comes apart and there is indeed a fitting that will go on the remaining wire. I cant remember what it's called if you look at ham radio stores and electronic suppliers I am sure you can find a replacement. Just make sure that when you put the new fitting on you separate the braid on the outside of the coax from the center conductor or else you will have a short.

I will look for a supplier of the connection and get back with you.

Panama Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for the feedback. I do think I'm going to try to fix it. I just need to figure out what the metal base thing is called on the end that it was torn off. I'll keep you guys updated on how I fix it (if I can figure it out) =)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts