Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
381 Posts
Ok well I'm sorry I can't help anymore as I'm new here so can only go on my own experience. There are two switches for the roof that unlock it from the windscreen so if they aren't unlocking automatically then maybe one or both may be dodgy or the power to them has be cut? But that's just me guessing now, good luck and I hope you find/fix the problem.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
4,685 Posts
Hi Thank you for your info, unfortunately I did adjust these cables to the max that it pulls the roof away from the windshield,, still no go, someone mentioned that if I look over my shoulder there is another adjustment nut, I am trying to find that, so far no luck, but thank you again for keeping up with my problem
I'm not sure about the adjustment on the other end of the cable, that would be worth investigating. The interesting points you've made are 1) That your roof pulls away (slightly) from the windshield; this implies that the roof hydraulic cylinders are pressurizing. That wouldn't happen if the boot lid switch was not working properly. It makes it sound like the switches are doing their job. 2) That you can coax the roof into normal operation by torquing the hex key by hand. If you look over your shoulder while your helper is torquing by hand, you should see the safety mechanism in motion. I'm guessing that when you operate hydraulically, you won't see the that same motion - or at least you won't see the same degree of motion.

I would try operating your roof with a hex bit on a ratchet inserted into the center, and when it stops, try torquing it by hand to see if it then continues normally. If it does, it almost certainly means you have an issue with the safety mechanisms. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Did you lubricate them? <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.