Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happened across an ebay auction that has TSW or Luxe wheels 19", Vredstien tires new, correct offsets and they're local to me for $1900.00. This seems too good to be true. Does anybody have an opinion on this. I don't want to get screwed, but I need new tires and the PS2s I was going to put on are going to cost $1300 anyway. For another $600 I can get 19" wheels too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=&item=160278998635http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160278998635

I am really perplexed. Help.

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
460 Posts
I paid (I think I remember) $2,100.00 for the same at discounttiredirect.com (all in)....very happy with them, guarantee fitment. Also very happy with my TSW Bremma's.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This is the same exact setup on my car (TSW Bremmas and Vredestein tires). I paid about 1700 for mine so that is around the same ballpark. I think its a good deal all around and you should take it if you want it. If you are hesitant check out your local tire/wheel shop and ask them for a quote (although theyll prob give you a quote with roughly the same price). The Bremmas are cheap but I like them.........they keep nice and are easy to clean......plus they look great!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Andy,
I'm not sure why the PM is going through. I have room.
Andy has less than 15 posts so far, ergo unable to PM.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Check with DSB and see what you can work out for his wheels & tires. I echo what others stated regarding the TSW Bremmas. I have those wheels (19") with the Michelin PS 2s. Wheel quality is excellent. I elected to spend a little extra and opted for the Michelin PS 2s which I really like. Upgrading your wheels to 18"-19" is money well spent.

·
Registered
460 Posts
:tu:Check with DSB and see what you can work out for his wheels & tires...... Upgrading your wheels to 18"-19" is money well spent.
I would have gone for dsb's wheels in a heartbeat.....

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
another vote for dsb's DPE's, they are beautiful, and DPE makes quality wheels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.