Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello from Carolina

Hi everyone I am not a new member but I have not been on this site for a few years so I thought I would say "I'm back".
I am retired and now beginning to enjoy life a bit more than before. So, I now have time for the cars I own and have tons of questions.
My SLK is a 99 and soon will be out of my hands . I am giving it to my granddaughter for her 16th birthday. I am buying me another one so I am not without one. But any way I am back and I hope to learn alot from the folks on this site.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,113 Posts
welcome back!

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome back. Hopefully the ones that know the R170 best will answer your query on the other thread.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Welcome Aboard... from Weddington, NC

Welcome Aboard from Weddington, NC. I lived in Hickory from 1963-1967 (until after college) on 33rd Ave. NW. My parents - both now deceased - until 1995. My father was the dermatologist there from 1963 - 1985.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Graduated from Hickory High then left to rule the world. Returned in 2004. Live off 29th av NE in Viewmont near the lake. NOt too far from 33rd Av. Raised in Longview.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Greetings from Winston-Salem!
My daughter went to Lenoir-Rhyne and practiced, for a few years,, as a Pediatrics P.A., all in Hickory. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I graduated from UNCC in '73,Duke M Ed. '76, SMU PhD '80. Combat wounded Viet-Nam 1968. Retired College professor.

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
What a cool grand dad! I hope you show her how NOT to drive it - safely, no texting, no yakking on the phone.

What did you do in Nam? I had the privelege of dining/chatting with several Viet Nam vets while stationed at NAS Moffet Field Ca. What did you teach?

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was s a FAC in Nam. That is a Forward Air Controller. I flew a 172 at tree top level 500 ft seeking out VC movements and possible cache bunkers of supplies . When I spotted them I called in location and got out of the way for an air strike was immenent. Cool job believe it or not.
I taught calculus at SMU

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
I was s a FAC in Nam. That is a Forward Air Controller. I flew a 172 at tree top level 500 ft seeking out VC movements and possible cache bunkers of supplies . When I spotted them I called in location and got out of the way for an air strike was immenent. Cool job believe it or not.
I taught calculus at SMU
Do you know Milton Gosney at SMU?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts