Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..from the (not so) sunny Isle of Wight. Which is a shame, because it's a holiday today.

2006 SLK280 auto, bought on Friday. Blue outside, light grey inside. Only done about 150 miles so far - all going well.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,122 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from NE England. I used to race an OOD4 out of Lymington, and most of our races started from the RYS at Cowes, IOW. Longish drive every Friday afternoon.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
welcome from Ottawa Canada....now and then I can see your place from my office!
Braggart :biglaugh:

And welcome from Indy...where Brit Dan Wheldon won his 2nd Indy 500 Sunday...Way to go Dan :tu: :Beer: :tu:

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi from London, welcome aboard!

Car sounds great, any chance of a pic?
Here's a pic. Note mudflaps!

Mostly the spec I wanted, because the wheels aren't too big. Roads around here are quite poor and I want to keep all my teeth. No COMAND, which is a shame, but the standard radio is very impressive. Airscarf, heated seats, wind deflector should keep it useable top-down all year.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from a fellow 06 280 owner in Los Angeles.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Mark...they let right hand drive cars in the Indy 500?
John, at one time, ALL the cars were rhd(with the occasional lhd), but that ended in '61 with Sir Jack :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts