Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Los Angeles, CA!

I'm a new owner of a 2007 SLK 55 AMG (32,000 Miles) and look forward to spending more time on this forum.

Any recommendations from the experienced drivers on common issues or things I should checked on this car.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,090 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome from central Kentucky and to this great forum. Make this forum your friend - almost any information you need can be found on this site. Just use the "search" entry.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome from south Orange county. Just do the scheduled maintenance. Transmission service at 40K miles of 4 years, whichever comes first. Insist on Mobil 1 0W40 for the engine oil instead of Mobil 1 ESP Formula M 5W40, buy from other sources if needed, even though both are approved for MB spec 229.5.

Do you have the SmartTop installed?

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome from south Orange county. Just do the scheduled maintenance. Transmission service at 40K miles of 4 years, whichever comes first. Insist on Mobil 1 0W40 for the engine oil instead of Mobil 1 ESP Formula M 5W40, buy from other sources if needed, even though both are approved for MB spec 229.5.

Do you have the SmartTop installed?
Thank you for the recommendations. I did not know about the SmartTop. It looks great. Do most people on the forum install this?

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from the LA South Bay area.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts