Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ron Paul
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to stop by and say hello... I am a big Mercedes fan and have had quite a few of them (C63, CLS550, SL's, ML's, E diesel(, and have recently purchased a 2012 Iridium Silver SLK350. I had the previous iteration (I think it's the R171), but only kept it a few weeks as I felt I was just to big for it (I'm 6'2), and traded it in for an SL500. Then a few years later I traded in for a new SL550. The SL is a very large car, and after sitting in the new '12 SLK, I fell in love and had to have it! The SL was a lot of money when you compare the fun factor with the SLK. It seems the seating position is much lower and I seem to have quite a bit more room in the new car, and my head is no longer jutting over the front windshield!! I really love this car, and I'm excited to be on this forum..

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,376 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Hi Ron and welcome from central Virginia (south Richmond). Congratulations on your beautiful R172. Looks great in silver.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigain via Dallas Texas.......

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from NE England.

In my humble opinion, SLs are nice, SLKs are fun. We occasionally get new members comparing SLs to SLKs. They are a totally different vehicle. SLs are nice from the outside, looking in. SLKs are better from the inside looking out.

·
Ron Paul
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahahah @Durkatlon... I am THE Ron Paul - it is my name, but it's also the name of my corporation. I own a chain of hair salons and beauty school in the Hampton Roads area.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Greetings from Tennessee !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome Ron...from sunny (HOT) Kansas. You have a beautiful SLK there, in the same color as mine. That silver always has that "wet" look. BTW, I am 6'1" but fit in the SLK's better than most roadsters.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
Welcome from NE England.

In my humble opinion, SLs are nice, SLKs are fun. We occasionally get new members comparing SLs to SLKs. They are a totally different vehicle. SLs are nice from the outside, looking in. SLKs are better from the inside looking out.
I agree. Before ordering my 2012 SLK, I was also looking at the SL. While they are undeniably good looking from the outside (as you said), when I sat in the SL, I felt like I was sitting in a sedan. Definitely not a sporty (or fun as you described it) feeling. I always had a feeling like something was "lacking" with the SL.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
Ron, welcome to the forum from Carlsbad, CA.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts