Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
*Registered
1997 SLK200
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently i bought an 97 SLK R170 136hp with hand shift (not compressor).
I have few questions:
I Don`t have K40 relay, under the hood.
Which fuse is for the instrument cluster, cause my dashboard randomly works or neither, and the fuel tank arrow jumps, electronic boards works. What the hell causes it, could it be bad bulb or it is for replacement. We checked the motherboard of the cluster.
Another bad cause is the my horn went away... checked both horns, they work, checked the fuses near the driver, and as i saw it is on the last place 7.5A.
Soon i will post video of my build with my custom exhaust, and repainted interior (in future it will be leather), and the engine will be changed. Also installed custom radio with a nice woofer backside with custom made wooden box (a small one, so the bass is inside the car and it is perfect).
And does somebody had fix the thing with the roof machine, i had oil leak, which screwed up my roof (i learned my lesson and removed the oil, so it will be cabrio only by hand, but somebody to know how to fix the fabric under the roof, it will be very helpful, because its very hard to find them, any project will be superb)
Another question - does somebody have 3d printed parts or projects for the slk.
And final question - how to change the lambda sonda, is it hard , cuz i got custom exhaust, and the car is not working very well, when i hit the gas it shuts randomly and it is not so clear sometimes (checked coil and candles), are there any advices about the drossel too, can i replace it with something else compatible (from Mercedes).

Sorry for bad English!
Thanks in advice!!!
And yes the car is head turner :)

·
**Premium Member '02 R170 SLK V8 5.0 & '00 SLK320
6,439 Posts
Every R170 has a K40 it won't even start without one !!

Reactions: Australian

·
* Administrator (Premium Member)
36,756 Posts

·
*Registered
1997 SLK200
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My K40 fuse is not located there, i will make photos today, only 3 fuses x15A in this box, and in the other box
Font Office equipment Audio equipment Electronic instrument Gas

·
*Premium Member
1997 SLK230K
653 Posts

·
*Premium Member
1997 SLK230K
653 Posts
@slkr170fan you will get an enormous amount of help on this forum. However at some point you will need proper diagnostics and you should read the section on DAS/STAR Coding. Without proper diagnostics life will become very difficult, not to say expensive, at some point.
And do note that different cars have different K40s if you ever need to replace it. The part number for your car will be clearly printed in the casing as in the earlier video I posted!!!!

·
*Registered
1997 SLK200
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Problem solved with new used dashboard. Somebody can show me where does the horn wires go trough the car?

·
*Premium Member
2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
2,986 Posts
However at some point you will need proper diagnostics and you should read the section on DAS/STAR Coding. Without proper diagnostics life will become very difficult, not to say expensive, at some point.
Agreed and WIS is also indispensable ..

·
**Premium Member '02 R170 SLK V8 5.0 & '00 SLK320
6,439 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts