Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from NE England!! Where abouts are you (JB will be along shortly!!).

Are you picking your R172 up from the factory? - I did with mine, and it's well worth doing.

Keep your eye on the UK section for upcoming sheep chases, most of which seem to start at Scotch Corner.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Wooley,
I'm based in Teesside. I'm not collecting the car from the factory, it'll be getting dropped off at my front door for me.:biglaugh:
I'll keep an eye out for the scotch corner events.

ps-where is the UK section?
...and the for sale section for that matter?:confused:

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,113 Posts
Here I is!

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hi and welcome from busy SW19!

when did you order yor R172? How long was the wait for you?
I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and I am still waiting for a build date

·
17,375 Posts
when did you order yor R172? How long was the wait for you?
I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and I am still waiting for a build date
I was wondering that - I ordered mine in July 2004, and couldn't pick it up till November. At that time, they were all built to order, and in the UK they didn't have any 'option packs' - you just asked for the 'accessories' that you wanted to be built in. I wonder if they've 'stockpiled' the R172 with most of the popular option packs and colours???

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I was wondering that - I ordered mine in July 2004, and couldn't pick it up till November. At that time, they were all built to order, and in the UK they didn't have any 'option packs' - you just asked for the 'accessories' that you wanted to be built in. I wonder if they've 'stockpiled' the R172 with most of the popular option packs and colours???
I dont think they did. Beck9 had this checked out and she could nto find anything in the production line close to her specs. I think that all newly built cars are picked up as they are produced...
Also, I hope that this roof aligment business is not slowing the production down. I have a feeling that I will have my car in 2012.

·
17,375 Posts
I dont think they did. Beck9 had this checked out and she could nto find anything in the production line close to her specs. I think that all newly built cars are picked up as they are produced...
Also, I hope that this roof aligment business is not slowing the production down. I have a feeling that I will have my car in 2012.
Which makes lockheed1971's initial post more surprising - 'I've just ordered a 172 and am awaiting delivery within the next two weeks' :confused:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've ordered the car from a leasing company today. The car is already built and awaiting registration in 2 days time. There is a 14 day 'cooling off' period, which is why I'm having to wait 14 days.:tazz:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is that the new merc benz fell off the back of a lorry finance deal :biglaugh:

Anyway Hi from Hull :tu:
There is definately some robbery going on within the deal. lol

Due to a few 'issues' yesterday, I'm now getting a car in tenorite grey as opposed to the original order of palladium silver:rolleyes:

I hope the colour grows on me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts