Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many years of owning a smaller roadster, I stepped up to a 2001 SLK320 over the past weekend, with the manual 6-speed transmission, and AMG sport package. This is my introduction to owning a Mercedes and so far it has been an absolute joy to drive.

I have the factory single DIN Bose system in the SLK. I'm a technology junkie and want to install a Double DIN system w/ Bluetooth, SIRIUS, and iPOD capabilities. (maybe even NAV). It seems like there's plenty of room to go with a double DIN, but I'm having trouble finding an aftermarket double DIN dash kit. Does such a thing exist? Has anybody done these upgrades? What are the challenges and how did you overcome them?

I'll continue to scour the forum to see if I can find answers.

Thanks!

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Premium Member
3,506 Posts
Welcome to the forum
the most important thing a new owner can do is read the owners manual,
if you don't have one, download it from the 1st link in my signature.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,122 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on your location and model and year.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’ and ‘location’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan....

·
Registered
11 Posts
ipod adapter

Welcome to forum. I have 2006 SLK 280; I asked my shop to install the ipod adapter. Cost $600. Why so much? It requires taking apart the center console and audio unit and hooking up quite a number of connectors - was tricky even for a trained MB tech - most people would not want to tackle this as a DIY installation, I think. It works quite well - although a couple of things I'd wish for - higher maximum audio output (even at max volume, its hard to hear with top down) - and display of info on center (Navi) display (instead of next to speedometer); but it is definitely functional.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts