Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I just traded in my 911 for an SLK55. Can't wait to learn about mods and what not. You folks do mod here, don't you? :biglaugh:

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from NE England. Your 3rd mod (after Kleeman kit and LSD) should be a SmartTop module - allows remote RF control of the roof (also operation whilst on the move up to 30mph).

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Greetings from Atlanta, I've done a bit of modding w/ a few more still on the list!:burnout:

Reactions: alroumi

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all! I am familiar with Smarttop from Porsche land, and that is on my list.

I would love to know more about the cubbies and Kleeman.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Thanks all! I am familiar with Smarttop from Porsche land, and that is on my list.

What you've got from Kleemann,

Sports secondary catalytic converters, Supercharger, Headers, Camshafts and Ecu upgrade.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride! Its great to have another member from the midwest!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,421 Posts
sfarris,

mod? what's that? lol!!!

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

head to the slkstore! shorty antenna, clear side markers, smarttop, you name it!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate’ or Help Donate’. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Welcome from Eugene, Oregon via Jacksonville, Florida!

Mod? ... yes, we mod ...

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Mo touched on the Kleeman part, as for the cubbies you can replace the cup holder and ash tray/lighter (standard in U.S.) w/ 2 storage compartments (generally standard in Europe). Do a site search for the part #s and install proceedures.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan..... Lot's of info on mods for the SLK55 R)

·
Registered--In between SLK's
15,227 Posts
Hi from London! you gotta go with the smarttop, one of the best mods going, as you well know!

Enjoy your new ride!:tu:

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Dallas! Congratulations on your new 55. Stop by our store to check out the hot custom Windrestrictors we have for your car. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts