Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't own or drive an SLK, my wife does. She has a 1999 SLK230 that we bought new 10 years ago. The car has been a major pita for most of its life. She has been hit 3 times while driving the car, the last time it should have been totaled but the insurance insisted on fixing it.
Now we are looking for some guidance on buying some new interior parts after a "restoration shop" destroyed the glovebox and instrument bezel.
Personally I'd like to drive the car off into the river but it is "her baby" so I have been tasked with locating replacement parts.
The dash bezel had a small crack and the "restorer" removed it to "repair" the crack. Well he didn't do anything that we could see except paint over the crack with interior paint, then cracked the bezel in another place putting it back in.
Then he attempted to repaint the glovebox door, but looks like he peeled off the leather grain of the plastic, then when he re-installed to glovebox he destroyed the supports around the mounting hole, so that the whole glove-box now hangs down about 15 mm below where it should mount.
I just want to buy new parts or good used parts to replace the bezel and whole glovebox assembly.
Anyone here have any idea where to locate said parts? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Welcome & best of luck.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome from Atlanta! I'll let some of the experienced R170 members answer your questions. If you get a part # I can get you a quote for an OEM MB replacement part.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome. IIRC someone parts (including the instrument panel) are interchangeable with the Crossfire (and are also less expensive). Do a search in this forum. Check out the posts by SLKcop, IIRC, who did some revision to the instrument panel.

The other option is to get another R170 or a R171 for the wife :D (just kidding)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,374 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello somkehouse69, I am from South Texas too, welcome on board!! What city are you from if you don't mind to share??

Bruce:usa:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey from Texas too

Hey from San Antonio... I had an R170 six years ago, switched to a W203 (C320) and now I'm buying an '05 SLK350 this afternoon actually...

Catch ya on the roads!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,374 Posts
viper1619, smokehouse

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.