Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from SoCal--Temecula CA area.

New to this and just wanted to say hello. Finally got the 2006 SLK55 AMG SMOGED and registered in CA. Thanks to all who gave me recommendations on the OBD for the car. Short recap of what had happened........I bought the SLK55 AMG in Chicago IL and then drove it to MS where I spend part of my time working there in MS. I already had another 2006 SLK280 there in MS for me to drive around when I am in MS. So I don't need two there. I towed the SLK55 AMG from MS to SoCal on a U-Haul autotransporter. I had to disconnect the battery to avoid the car alarm going off (but later I learned on this forum that all I had to do was press the button to the right of the convertible button to avoid having to disconnect the battery. Oh well.) Because I had disconnected the battery.........the car OBD computers needed time to "reset"............initially the car failed the SMOG test. But I was told by the SMOG shop to just drive it around for about 100 miles or so and the OBD computers will "reset".

Anyway, all went well...........the SLK55 AMG passed all SMOG tests and got the car registered and license plate and everything.

Busy working and did not have time yet to take pics of the SLK55 AMG yet, except I have the "dealer pics".

I hope to have some time to take some pics of the SLK55 AMG. I do, however, have pics of my SLK280 which I will need to find on my notebook and post those later.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,496 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you have not, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you have not, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Welcome from Arizona!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome netmiami from south of Irvine, CA.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Welcome netmiami! You live in a beautiful community. I've played and stayed at Temecula Creek and I love the buffet @ Pechanga. Hopefully you can make some of our so cal meets.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello V8SLK

Hello V8SLK,

Thanks. The Temecula CA area is nice:). Not too far away from all the "attractions". To the south is San Diego just a short drive. To the north is the LA area (depending on when one takes a drive which can take a while). To the "NW", kind of, is the "OC" area which is just a short drive not too far (again depending on when and traffic). But overall not too bad. Just took the kids and wife to DisneyLand last week which was just a short 45 min. drive. We decided to stay at the hotel there instead of driving back and forth.

I don't know if I'll be able to make it to the Las Vegas gathering later on in Sept. My work schedule is very crazy. I travel a lot with my work (flying that is). I will have to wait and see.:(

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Another welcome from Atlanta.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello Pepper,

No, mine is not a black SLK55 AMG. It is a "silver" one. I've been working too hard and not yet have the time to take any pics yet. Hopefully soon and post it. Yeah, a black car in the Temecula (really anywhere it is sunny most of the time) is just too "hot". Besides I had "black" cars before and it was truly a pain to take care of and required too much dedication. That is why my other "SLK" is a "silver" one as well...........but not a SLK55 AMG, just a "regular" SLK280 with "AMG 18 inch chrome wheels". I travel between CA and MS. I leave the SLK280 in MS so that I can have a fun car when I am at both places.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pics on my 2006 SLK280

Here are pics for my 2006 SLK280 when I first bought it back in Jan/Feb 2006. :rockon:

I will post my other 2006 SLK55 AMG when I get some time to take some pics. I am not where my SLK55 AMG is located currently. :( I do miss my SLK55 AMG!!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.