Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first was a 1997 SLK 280 which I had to sell when I moved to Europe and when I returned I immediately purchased 'my babygirl' 2005 SLK 350 in Jan 2008. I often tell my mechanic - I don't have a child, dog, or a fish---but I have 'my babygirl'. Needless to say I am extremely in love with her.

1) So when I started experiencing issues with burning coming from the engine and the oil light issue (high oil consumption) I was devestated. I'm not usually so melodramatic but this was not the first issue I experienced with her; within a year I had to replace her fuel pump. It seems the leaking issue has subsided with repaire but now she runs a bit rough after the engine misfire issue happen once. But since then she runs a bit rough but I've had no more problems with misfiring. I did take her in and found out the problem was a cylinder 6 misfire. Not sure what this means but has anyone had challenges with this and how can I proactively address this problem?

2) I found out my mechanic uses diesel oil in my car. Could this be causing some of the engine problems I am having?

3) Also, the SRS light is on - any solutions for this?

....I'm trying not to panic - but someone HELP me!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,496 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.

Maybe she mistyped and meant a '230'

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate’ or Help Donate’. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Welcome from Eugene, Oregon via Jacksonville, Florida!
Sorry, but the 350 is not my forte, but I’m sure one of the 350 smart guys will be chiming in soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
SLK 350 2005 have known oil consumption problems
Do a search 2005 slk 350 oil consumption
Not all cars were affected , I have one with 50,000km and no problems
It only affected the 280 & 350 models
Needs MB service and monitoring
First valve seals , then a new engine if this does not solve the problem
Sorry about the bad news

Ken

1 - 17 of 17 Posts