Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks, from rainy Seattle washington!

I just purchased a nice one-owner 1998 SLK to replace my beloved BMW Z3 which had an untimely death at the hands of a lady talking on her cellphone, chewing gum, but not driving... whew!

I knew I wanted another roadster, but after years of dealing with leaks, wind noise, and vandalism worries, I settled on the SLK for its retract hardtop, and I couldn't be more thrilled (unless of course I could have 30 more hp)

The car has 150k miles on it, good records, and is in amazing shape for the age and miles. I got a good deal due to the miles, so I'm hoping I made a wise choice. It parks next to its bigger, uglier cousin, my quarter million mile ML320 and an Alfa Romeo gtv6.

Any other SLK owners in the puget sound area say hello, and I'll wave if I see you on the very rare days when we can all lower our tops down!

Aaron in Seattle

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hello from Lake Stevens, always loved the Z3, but a hard top is much more practical where we live! =D You will love your SLK.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yo Dude!! I live in West Seattle now, just moved over the bridge from Pioneer Square a few months ago. Welcome to the forum! You should come check out the NW SLK club sometime, it's pretty fun.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,344 Posts
Aaron,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on your location and model and year.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’ and ‘location’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Welcome from Indy! You'll find a wealth of info AND great people on SLKW!

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,676 Posts
Welcome from Portland, Oregon. Check out the SLK NW Group in the clubs section of the forum. We/they get together at least once a month in the Seattle area. The next run is going to be on the 19th for a meet in Madison Park (Starbucks) for coffee, then an hour and a half drive to lunch.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
12,037 Posts
Welcome from sunny Carmichael Ca. Check out the SLK NW Group in the clubs section of the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi and welcome!!

I am in seattle also. Agreed, check out the PNW SLK club. It's decently fun.

I notice a lot of SLKs in the PNW...that rain certainly makes a hardtop really attractive!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts