Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined your group some time ago without properly introducing myself. At that time I wasn't an owner and unsure if I'd ever be one. As time went on I became more enthralled with the car I was researching (07 SLK55). Now I just needed to find one! I recently came across and purchased a meticulously cared for iridium silver specimen with a black interior. Very we'll equipped with under 22,000 miles including all MB service records. Having driven a ragtop for the last twelve years, I couldn't think of driving a hard top again, but I wanted something a little more refined. My Spyder continues to be my daily commuter but I'm finding it difficult to leave the SLK in the garage now that we've lost our summer here. My favorite feature if I could only single out one would be the air scarf. Apologies for not introducing myself sooner and thanks to Mr Banks for pestering me until I did. My first projects will be to achieve Bluetooth connectivity with the iPhone, (supposedly per wired) and a mechanical method, (dipstick) to check the oil level. I've learned so much from you so far and wish to express my kindest regards.

Lenny

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,516 Posts
Welcome to the elite SLKWorld forum!

Just a few suggestions to make your time here a fun and informative experience...

The "Search" feature at the top right of the page is for searching the forum. Many questions have already been asked and answered by our knowledgeable members.

If you are having difficulty finding a solution, you can post your question in the appropriate discussion forum. By doing this, you should receive a quicker response, but please be patient as the forum is worldwide and members live in different time zones.

Private Message (pm) is a tool to communicate with other members privately for instructions or just chatting. In order to do this you must have at least 15 posts. It's easy to obtain the posts by clicking on the New Members Introduce Yourself Here section and just welcome the new members (like we welcomed you).

To post a picture, either start a new thread or reply to one, type what you want to say and click on the 'paper clip' just above, this will open a window to your left, click on 'browse', go to your pictures, and double click on the one you want to post, click on 'upload' and then 'submit' your post.

If you like a comment or want to thank another member for their post, there's a 'like' button to the right and just below is the 'thanks' button.

As a new member you can use the New Posts link at the top of the info bar. It's a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last.

When you are ready to leave the forum just click on "Quick Links" and click 'mark forums read', this will clear your screen for when you log on again.

Post your vin in the Vehicle Data Card Request section to get a data card (options on your car) free.

As a member you have the privilege to vote and/or enter our Ride of the Month competition, we welcome new SLKs to compete and new members to vote.

If you have any questions/comments please let us know and we will be happy to help you.

Thanks for joining our SLK family!

Marykay
Florida Event Coordinator

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,481 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

owner's and maintenance manuals great R171 info:

later year owner's/maintenance/comand manuals, top right in the link below:
Bill's Den: Documents

your brochure:
Mercedes Brochure Archive

mods you should do:
smarttop

http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/121481-what-smarttop-all-members-keep-talking-about.html

clear or tinted side markers
shorty antenna
led license plate bulbs
led parking lights
carbon fiber on the C pillars
oem windscreen or lighted/etched windscreen
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car).

http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,444 Posts
Welcome from Portland, Oregon. Check out the SLK NW Group under the clubs section of the Forum. They are based in the Seattle area and have lots of events/drives year round. Also check out the Olympic Peninsula SLK's by going to Tools, then Quick Links, then to Social Groups.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Hi Lenny, and welcome from the UK Midlands! :)

- Dave

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Lenny,
Greetings from Tennessee !

You know you want a SmartTop as well. :) It makes putting the top up and down so easy it really does increase your top down time dramatically.

Welcome to the Forum

1 - 16 of 16 Posts